Thread: Webley Valuation MK2 Target Pistol, Boxed 1930's Mk1

Webley Valuation MK2 Target Pistol, Boxed 1930's Mk1

I bought this .177 Mk2 Target 7 or 8 years ago & paid quite alot when I was collecting Webleys. I usually shoot with an old favourite MK1 woodgrip and this doesnt often see the light of day. I was thinking of selling the MK2 what do you think this one is worth these days? I have seen a few rough or reblued ones around but this is nice and original. Pics here:

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/pre-war/mk2t/

I have a couple of MK1's I would like a value on too, one is quite nice interesting (Stoeger markings) & boxed, the other is a project. I will add some pics tomorrow.

If I decide to sell I will start a seperate thread as per the forum rules.
    Last edited by Prewar; 26-05-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Hi Scott,

Nice pistol and as you say, lovely to see original condition. I would guesstimate value at £250+

Kind regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Scott,

Nice pistol and as you say, lovely to see original condition. I would guesstimate value at £250+

Kind regards,
    John

As above ,

Sam

Just as an addendum, there is a several page article on Webley Air Pistols in the current issue of Classic Arms & Militaria. Probably not a lot of new information for established collectors as the narrative leans heavily on Gordon Bruce's book but nice to see all the same. Not sure about the price guide in the magazine though, which gives a suggested value of a boxed Junior MK2 as wait for it.....No, you'll have to buy the mag to find out

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 26-05-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typo

Here are some pics of the MK1's : http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/...e-war/webmk1s/

I think they are from the '20's not 30's. Thanks for the answers & pm's etc

Someone sent me a link to this mk2 from a while ago http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Pistols...e-gs48083.aspx but I think mine is alot nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    Here are some pics of the MK1's : http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/...e-war/webmk1s/

I think they are from the '20's not 30's. Thanks for the answers & pm's etc

Someone sent me a link to this mk2 from a while ago http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Pistols...e-gs48083.aspx but I think mine is alot nicer
    Hi Scott,
    Yes the Stoeger marked Mk1 will be from the late 1920s. Shame Webley/Stoeger didn't use the chequered grips from the Mk2/Senior on the Mk1 but your Mk1 is correct and despite a few dings to box and pistol, looks to be in decent original condition. As to value, somewhere between £200-£250 would be my estimate.

The other Mk1 I would value around £70 - £80 as it will require some work by the looks of things.

I think John's estimates are spot on.

Many thanks for the replies, I will put the mk1's up for sale in a new thread. I am still thinking about the mk2.

I will put some pics up of my favourite old mk1 too. it's nothing very special , but was the first one I managed to buy after wanting one for years & does shoot very well. Perhaps start a straight grip mk1 owners thread?

ps John, I did own a very early (one of the first 200 if I recall correctly) straight grip Senior that had the Stoeger chequered grips. The collector I bought it from had found it in the States, but it had no Stoeger markings. A very interesting example that was in almost new condition. I wish I had kept photographs of it.
    Last edited by Prewar; 26-05-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    Many thanks for the replies, I will put the mk1's up for sale in a new thread. I am still thinking about the mk2.

I will put some pics up of my favourite old mk1 too. it's nothing very special , but was the first one I managed to buy after wanting one for years & does shoot very well. Perhaps start a straight grip mk1 owners thread?

ps John, I did own a very early (one of the first 200 if I recall correctly) straight grip Senior that had the Stoeger chequered grips. The collector I bought it from had found it in the States, but it had no Stoeger markings. A very interesting example that was in almost new condition. I wish I had kept photographs of it.
    I wish you had too Scott!!
    Good idea about the Mk1 thread. I've had a few through my hands including 515 which was a double spring clip model.

John