Thread: Airsporter Mk 4 information please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airsporter Mk 4 information please.

Can any of the BBS Airsporter experts advise if the Mk4 has the same type of automatic tap opening mechanism as the Mk1 and Mk2 please?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Looking at the diagram on the Chambers sight it looks like its a lever trap thats on it.

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...=24686&cat=Mk4

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Can any of the BBS Airsporter experts advise if the Mk4 has the same type of automatic tap opening mechanism as the Mk1 and Mk2 please?
    No,the automatic opening tap was only a feature of the MK1 & MK2 and was not present on later MK's of Airsporter.ATB

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    No,the automatic opening tap was only a feature of the MK1 & MK2 and was not present on later MK's of Airsporter.ATB
    Thanks for the info.

I am looking for a Mk 4 to help fill one of the gaps in my Airsporter collection, and I was looking for any distinguishing features to help identify it from a Mk 5 or Mk 6 ( as I don't have these either).

I am guessing there never was a Mk3 - just a jump straight from the Mk2 to a Mk 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I am looking for a Mk 4 to help fill one of the gaps in my Airsporter collection, and I was looking for any distinguishing features to help identify it from a Mk 5 or Mk 6 ( as I don't have these either).

I am guessing there never was a Mk3 - just a jump straight from the Mk2 to a Mk 4 ?

There was a MK3 but only made for a year (1969)and rarely seen. I have seen only seen 2 and heard of 2-3 more in the last 10 years. It has the same tap as the mk2 Airsporter but it is not auto opening.

The Mk3 Airsporter had a very ugly square fronted stock, I presume it was dropped becaise it was so ugly compared to it's predesessors..

Also, I seem to recall that some mk3 actions were fitted to the remainder of the stock (of stocks ) just to use them up, they have been dubbed the 'transitional' mk3's...

Zooma- do you have all the Airsporters, including the Stutzens, 'S', RB and Centenary??

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    The Mk3 Airsporter had a very ugly square fronted stock, I presume it was dropped becaise it was so ugly compared to it's predesessors..

Also, I seem to recall that some mk3 actions were fitted to the remainder of the stock (of stocks ) just to use them up, they have been dubbed the 'transitional' mk3's...

Zooma- do you have all the Airsporters, including the Stutzens, 'S', RB and Centenary??

Cheers, John
    Hi John,

No I don't have them all yet - but I have made a good start - even though the Mk 1 could be improved on as it has a nice stock but needs a new coat of blue and an MOT !.

I have the Stutzen .177, Stutzen RV .22, Centenary .22, Mk2 .22 and Mk1 .22 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

Cheers, John
    Hi John,

No I don't have them all yet - but I have made a good start - though the Mk 1 could be improved on as it has a nice stock but needs a new coat of blue and an MOT !.

I have the Stutzen .177, Stutzen RV .22, Centenary .22, Mk2 .22 and Mk1 .22 so far.