I have just bought this original 50 as faulty as it will only cock if you point the muzzle down or push the trigger forward while cocking,it then cocks and fires very smoothly.It seems there is a spring missing that pushes the trigger block down holding the tension to allow the sear to engage,of course it's one of the few parts chambers is out of stock of.
I have read these have a ball bearing trigger,I can't see any,maybe they are missing as well although as I say it cocks and fires very smoothly with a nice easy trigger.
I can't find a spring to fit,any suggestions as to any other spring that would fit would be welcome.I don't know how old it is,there is no date stamp only"made in germany" in tiny writing between the scope rail and woodwork on the right side holding the rifle.It also has the rounded end cap if that means anything.
It's in quite good condition with a lot of chequering and I'm assured the seller has the rear site but time will tell on that.
I probably paid over the odds for it but thought a new spring was all it needed,pity I can't get one.