Thread: Original 50.

Original 50.

I have just bought this original 50 as faulty as it will only cock if you point the muzzle down or push the trigger forward while cocking,it then cocks and fires very smoothly.It seems there is a spring missing that pushes the trigger block down holding the tension to allow the sear to engage,of course it's one of the few parts chambers is out of stock of.
    I have read these have a ball bearing trigger,I can't see any,maybe they are missing as well although as I say it cocks and fires very smoothly with a nice easy trigger.
    I can't find a spring to fit,any suggestions as to any other spring that would fit would be welcome.I don't know how old it is,there is no date stamp only"made in germany" in tiny writing between the scope rail and woodwork on the right side holding the rifle.It also has the rounded end cap if that means anything.
    It's in quite good condition with a lot of chequering and I'm assured the seller has the rear site but time will tell on that.
    I probably paid over the odds for it but thought a new spring was all it needed,pity I can't get one.

I recently bought the same model which I think is a 50 B.
    The triggers on these are dificult to repair.

The good news is that the are a good collectable gun.
    So I hope someone on here can help.

It's a later(ish) 50B with the plastic trigger, look after that part because they are known to fail (break) irreparably.

You will only notice the ball bearings if you take the gun apart further than in the pics, they must be there otherwise the piston would not be retained by anything.

The spring you need is nothing special, you will find that it is common with the model 35s and several similarly sized Diana/Originals so I'm pretty sure someone will stick his hand up.

Chase the vendor for the rearsight too. That is far more significant a potential issue than the lack of a simple spring.

I wonder what type that should have considering it is somewhat late, whether the typical sight for the B versions or something different. Ordinarily should be the first one in the pic http://www.maltashootingsports.com/i...rws_sights.jpg
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Yes,I'm aware that the trigger springs off other models fit but unfortunately it's the same part number for all of them and they don't have any.

Hi

It's possible that your rearsight could look like this one too (off my second mod50)..

I have a mod50 that has the plazzie trigger, mine had broken and was beond repair, after a couple of years watching fleabay and the forums, one turned up for sale on another forum- I couldn't type the reply fast enough

Anyhow, the rifle is up and fully running now, the replacement trigger is aluminium though..

Here is my broken plastic trigger

The components of the trigger

My 50 was in bits for two years, I couldn't remember how it went back together so I removed my mod45 from it's stock to see how it all went back, it's a different trigger blade but the bits in the cylinder are the same..

I just bought a third Mod50 in bits and a stock seperately, I tried to rebuild it but couldn't seem to get everything back together

I realised suddenly that there was no spring guide , managed to buy one from fleabay I haven't rebuilt it yet (have to get psyched up for the job as it's 'orrible )

Good luck with the spring..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks for the above info.Very useful.I can see that it's just the trigger spring I need.