Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT - Round 4 Sunday 3rd June

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Well done the Swallows crew who helped lay out the course today. Mostly ready for tomorrow - especially for our esteemed course checkers, to show me what's wrong

i knew there wouldn't be many of us working, but hadn't counted on perhaps my most HFT savvy 'senior' calling in sick with man flu (hope you're felling better soon, Dave), and others with unexpected family commitments.

As a result, the woods section - all 23 lanes of it - were put together by yours truly and young Eli. Sadly, he'd dressed for the occasion in knee length shorts, which left me to hack my way through the 6 foot high nettles and brambles inside the wood. Rarely have I cursed stings so much; just as well I wasn't paying per oath, as I'd surely be a poor man by now Gerry and Stu have constructed the field lanes, so I shall have to check these especially carefully first thing. While they had my detailed instructions to hand, they are both known to 'stray' from rules - just for the fun of it

After that amount of effort by the four of us, I can assure you that - perhaps never as stringently as before - Rule 7 will be invoked to the max.

I suppose we should be happy that the rain held off for pretty much the whole day, but it started soon after I got home, so I would not be suprised to find that obstacles beaten or hacked down will have miraculously grown or bounced back overnight, and the odd overhanging branch dipped by a foot or three.

Apart from feeling knackered, I'm now showered, fed and watered and won't be long before I get my head down. Just got to make sure the laptop is charged and slice up all the scorecards.

Should anyone arriving at 8am notice that I'm not around, PLEASE CALL me. It probably means I've overslept

See you shortly.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 02-06-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

The day dawns

Morning Chaps and Chapesses

I'm up and I'll be there to greet you, but please don't be suprised if I'm only functioning at something less than 100%; prob more like 20%

Did not sleep well - perhaps just 30 mins or so between bouts of cramp which meant I was roaming my house at 11:30, midnight, 12:30, etc. On top of that it does rather feel as though I have a touch of the man flu myself.

Oh joy

See ya'll soon

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

You lot have definately got the hardest course to set 'specially with two or three of you!!

Looking forward to this, might dangle a worm afterwards!...(NO)

XX Spongey
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

See you on the Ice

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    What do you call a bunch of funny twats? Oh yes I remember now TWATS.

Monkey.

P.S. hope you all get stung at least twice and have a dog nut each. Oh and in case you missed it its TWATS.

And if I am dancing with anyone its Nigela.
    The only way you will be dancing with me is if you wear a four four as you are to big for a tutu!!!
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."

Thanks for all the hard work which resulted in a very nice day

Thanks Big G for coming round with us, it was special

Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Thanks Swallows, most enjoyable day out... & the rain & wind held off (or possibly went through in the night) which was well planned !
    Roll on Buxted !
    Well done to Beth on her PB as well

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Thank you very much to Swallows for not only the driest wet shoot so far this series but for a thoroughly enjoyable shoot too (apart from pegs 1-3 and the 8 yarder that looked like a 6).

Well done to Kim for equalling his PB (maybe next time). It was nice to equal my PB after a string of scoring in the 40's.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Thank you for a great shoot (even though I missed too many easy ones!)

Paul
    Horsham Hawks HFT Club

Great Shoot

Enjoyed the day.
    Thanks to course setters, and food providers.
    Well done to the two 59 scores great shooting would be better if you joined a good club :roll eyes
    And to Beth Kim and Ben for PB's
    See you next time.
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."

Break the barrier

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Thank you very much to Swallows for not only the driest wet shoot so far this series but for a thoroughly enjoyable shoot too (apart from pegs 1-3 and the 8 yarder that looked like a 6).

Well done to Kim for equalling his PB (maybe next time). It was nice to equal my PB after a string of scoring in the 40's.
    Next time Ben,both of us will break the PB barrier . Well done in equalling yours today as well, the short 8 yarder would of done it.
    Air Arms TX200

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Enjoyed the day.
    Well done to the two 59 scores great shooting would be better if you joined a good club :roll eyes
    See you next time.
    I thought Mr Mac was in your camp Nigel

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Enjoyed the day.
    See you next time.
    [QUOTE=Steve L;5509331I thought Mr Mac was in your camp Nigel [/QUOTE]

Exactly!!

I think Nigel is seeing the way this years series is going.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Well done Swallows, a great day. I came home and crashed out on the sofa for an hour, so I reckon Biggs must deserve 24hrs kip!

Superb shooting John and Steve, there were some great scores - young Rudy's 53 for example - fantastic! And well done Beth on her 55 too.

The team scores are still close enough for anything to happen...

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Exactly!!

I think Nigel is seeing the way this years series is going.
    It must get confusing seeing all them foreign faces at SIHFT time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Well done Swallows, a great day. I came home and crashed out on the sofa for an hour, so I reckon Biggs must deserve 24hrs kip!

Superb shooting John and Steve, there were some great scores - young Rudy's 53 for example - fantastic! And well done Beth on her 55 too.

The team scores are still close enough for anything to happen...

Richard
    Nah!

Amazing day (it was worth all your hard work honestly!)

Short 8 yarder was my fault, i thought it looked short on first inspection then talked myself out of it...
    Apparently it was measured out with a tape. If it hadn't been for the river in front of it i would have paced it at least........if it is any consolation i missed two of the short ones!

I shan't miss anymore though, i have sussed them!!

Great shooting John (despite me calling all the names....)
    Great shooting Steve (i like short standers)...

A big public Thankyou to all my Club members Team or otherwise!!...seriously talented for sure...'specially our young addition RUDY!

XX Have a great weekend love Spongey
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

The newbies

Many thanks everyone for welcoming myself and my son (Adrian - 11 years old). First time either of us has shot HFT or any sort of air rifle competion for that matter.

Most enjoyable with at least two lessons learned:-

1) Don't pull the trigger without the breach closed...I now know what the ManU players feel like when Sir Alex has given them the hair dryer treatment
    2) Read the rules first! Scope stuck on *26 mag as I didn't know you couldn't move it until just after my first shot. Thus the close in targets were a wee bit tricky! Luckily, by chance, it wasn't focused for 50yds, only 32yrds.

Personally, the two c*ck-ups above have ensured I look forward to the next shoot to see what that 53 score could really have been.

...and finally, many thanks to Sam from the Buxted team in showing me round.

Cheers everyone
    Rob.