Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: valuations for my skan air rifles

valuations for my skan air rifles

Hi guys. i am seeking just rough valuations for both my skans. i know you cannot be accurate but rough guides appreciated, first is my .177 skan mk2. it is in very good condition for a gun of 10yrs old. comes with 2 mags and standard silencer. second is the collectable skan mk2 superior of which only 50 were made in total, comes with 2 mags, standard silencer and nickel finished 10" silencer bought along with the gun from skan. the finish on the gun is aluminium and nickel. the stock is walnut and oil finished. there is also the skan laser which was around at that time which screws on to the reciever. quick release sling mounts also fitted. help in valuations much appreciated. cheers. chris

skan

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Hi guys. i am seeking just rough valuations for both my skans. i know you cannot be accurate but rough guides appreciated, first is my .177 skan mk2. it is in very good condition for a gun of 10yrs old. comes with 2 mags and standard silencer. second is the collectable skan mk2 superior of which only 50 were made in total, comes with 2 mags, standard silencer and nickel finished 10" silencer bought along with the gun from skan. the finish on the gun is aluminium and nickel. the stock is walnut and oil finished. there is also the skan laser which was around at that time which screws on to the reciever. quick release sling mounts also fitted. help in valuations much appreciated. cheers. chris
    i would think 300 350 for the mk 2 and around 500 600 mark for the supeior

well the superior is identical almost to the millennium and they are fetching serious dosh mate. personally i think it is worth much more than £600 quid but thanks for your reply anyway. plus all the original skan extras to. cheers chris

the figure for the other skan at £350 sounds around right for a gun that was £800 new. would not mind swopping this though for a carrer 707 .22 short barrel, or a diana 54 airking. was told they are both good guns? chris

i have an airking in .177, fab rifle.

airking

i have a diana air king in 177 love it

any common faults? was old the action must move freely in the stock or groupings suffer? chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    well the superior is identical almost to the millennium and they are fetching serious dosh mate. personally i think it is worth much more than £600 quid but thanks for your reply anyway. plus all the original skan extras to. cheers chris
    The Superior wasn't a limited edition in the same way as the Millennium (10), so wouldn't attract the same premium IMO. There is less interest in SKANs these days, shame really as they can be excellent and are certainly different from the norm.

As they only made 10 Millenniums they don't come up for sale often. One failed to sell at £750 (retail shop~mint) a couple of years ago, and another failed to sell at £850 asking price 4 years ago. So the earlier valuation for your Superior is probably realistic.

You may just have to keep it and enjoy it yourself, which might not be a bad thing? ATB

skan

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    The Superior wasn't a limited edition in the same way as the Millennium (10), so wouldn't attract the same premium IMO. There is less interest in SKANs these days, shame really as they can be excellent and are certainly different from the norm.

As they only made 10 Millenniums they don't come up for sale often. One failed to sell at £750 (retail shop~mint) a couple of years ago, and another failed to sell at £850 asking price 4 years ago. So the earlier valuation for your Superior is probably realistic.

You may just have to keep it and enjoy it yourself, which might not be a bad thing? ATB
    i had one of the 10 it was a prize in air gun world i think i had it from the winner. i sold it on to a local chap with a 3L bottle for 800 pounds some years a go. its still local to me but i dont think it get a lot of use.

same as mine m8, did not buy to take out rough shooting ,just got hooked on skans as they are still a remarkable rifle. mine is also mint as i guess it will have to be a keeper then. cheers for the advise i really appreciate it. suprising how collectable airguns dont hold their price these days eh

If you're planning to let the MK2 black/rubber go, let me know, It could be something I'd be interested in!

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    i have an airking in .177, fab rifle.
    Fatman and Partner

Agree i`ve got a Airking .177 great ain`t they! feel and shoot with real power with no recoil.
    Love it even though they are heavy(like me)

airking

Quote Originally Posted by hookerball View Post
    Fatman and Partner

Agree i`ve got a Airking .177 great ain`t they! feel and shoot with real power with no recoil.
    Love it even though they are heavy(like me)
    to be honest mine a early mod around 1990 with the slimmer stock metal trigger and safe catch i find ii ok.

what sort of power does the airking put out in fac form m8? .22cal i mean?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
    If you're planning to let the MK2 black/rubber go, let me know, It could be something I'd be interested in!
    the R32 .177cal you mean yeah?