Thread: Airspoter Mk 2 Scope Mounting.

Airspoter Mk 2 Scope Mounting.

I want to fit a scope to my Airsporter Mk 2.

The cylinder has two pairs of short scope mounting grooves and they are wider apart that the regular 11mm scope rails on most of my other air rifles.

Has anyone found a good mount for this model that they can suggest that fits and works well?

With so many dozens of similar looking mounts out there, a recommendation based on good experience has got to be a lot better than trawling through lots of 'tinternet pages and maybe still not end up buying the best type for the job!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Mk2 Airsporter Mounts.

Hi Zooma.

Sportsmatch make a set of mounts especially for the Mk1 & Mk2 Meteor. These also fit the Mk2 Airsporter as they have the same mounting system (15mm twin sections).

The model number is TO48 and they are for sale direct from Sportsmatch or on a certain auction site. Just enter mk1 Meteor mounts.

The price is £20.00p plus £2.95 P&P.

I know they work well as I have a set on all three of my Mk1 Meteors.

Regards.

Musicman

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I want to fit a scope to my Airsporter Mk 2.

The cylinder has two pairs of short scope mounting grooves and they are wider apart that the regular 11mm scope rails on most of my other air rifles.

Has anyone found a good mount for this model that they can suggest that fits and works well?

With so many dozens of similar looking mounts out there, a recommendation based on good experience has got to be a lot better than trawling through lots of 'tinternet pages and maybe still not end up buying the best type for the job!

Air sporter scope mounts

HI ZOOMA. THESE ARE 13mm DOVETAIL RAILS THE SAME AS THE EARLY HW 35's. I HAVE FOUND THAT YOU CAN OVERCOME THE REQUIRED 2mm EXTRA REQUIRED FOR YOUR RIFLE & USING A SET OF STANDARD 11mm DOVETAIL MOUNTS. ONE METHOD I HAVE USED WAS BY CUTTING A SHORT LENGTH OF BLACK NYLON RIP TIE THE SAME LENGTH AS THE CLAMPING MOUNT, UNWIND THE MOUNT CLAMP ALLEN SCREWS AND REMOVE THE ADJUSABLE PART OF THE CLAMP. THEN LAY THE NYLON STRIP ALONG THE TOP OF THE PIVOT POINT OF THE MOUNT AND DAB A SMALL AMOUNT OF SUPERGLUE TO RETAIN THIS IN POSITION. LET IT SET THEN RE-FIT THE CLAMP PLATE AND THE ALLEN SCREWS, FIT ON TO THE DOVETAIL RAILS AND TIGHTEN UP AS REQUIRED. I HAVE FOUND THIS WORKS FINE. RECHECK MOUNT SCREWS FROM TIME TO TIME TO MAKE SURE OF MAINTAINED TORQUE. THIS WILL SET THE SCOPE OFF CENTRE SLIGHTLY BUT THIS CAN BE COUNTERED ON THE SIDE ADJUSTMENT OF THE SCOPE
    ATB MICKY

Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    Hi Zooma.

Sportsmatch make a set of mounts especially for the Mk1 & Mk2 Meteor. These also fit the Mk2 Airsporter as they have the same mounting system (15mm twin sections).

The model number is TO48 and they are for sale direct from Sportsmatch or on a certain auction site. Just enter mk1 Meteor mounts.

Regards.

Musicman
    Thanks Musicman,

I just found them on the bay by entering Mk1 Meteor mounts as you suggested and the reference number that came up was TO48 - again as you suggested - so I now have one pair of said mounts on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmickey View Post
    HI ZOOMA. THESE ARE 13mm DOVETAIL RAILS THE SAME AS THE EARLY HW 35's. I HAVE FOUND THAT YOU CAN OVERCOME THE REQUIRED 2mm EXTRA REQUIRED FOR YOUR RIFLE & USING A SET OF STANDARD 11mm DOVETAIL MOUNTS. ONE METHOD I HAVE USED WAS BY CUTTING A SHORT LENGTH OF BLACK NYLON RIP TIE THE SAME LENGTH AS THE CLAMPING MOUNT, UNWIND THE MOUNT CLAMP ALLEN SCREWS AND REMOVE THE ADJUSABLE PART OF THE CLAMP. THEN LAY THE NYLON STRIP ALONG THE TOP OF THE PIVOT POINT OF THE MOUNT AND DAB A SMALL AMOUNT OF SUPERGLUE TO RETAIN THIS IN POSITION. LET IT SET THEN RE-FIT THE CLAMP PLATE AND THE ALLEN SCREWS, FIT ON TO THE DOVETAIL RAILS AND TIGHTEN UP AS REQUIRED. I HAVE FOUND THIS WORKS FINE. RECHECK MOUNT SCREWS FROM TIME TO TIME TO MAKE SURE OF MAINTAINED TORQUE. THIS WILL SET THE SCOPE OFF CENTRE SLIGHTLY BUT THIS CAN BE COUNTERED ON THE SIDE ADJUSTMENT OF THE SCOPE
    ATB MICKY
    Good Idea Micky,

I needed to buy a set of mounts in any case, so I have splashed out twenty quid and bought a set of 15mm wide ones that should do the job - but I like your idea, I will keep it in mind for future reference and if I had a spare set of mounts already I would have given it a go this time.

I have tried to scope an Airsporter MK2 with the two seperate sets of grooves and found with anything commercially available including set back mounts that the correct amount of eye relief cannot be achieved with a comfortable head position.Please let us know how you get on.

Will do.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.

MK two scope mounts

Protek Supplies do purpose made scope mounts for the Mk11 airsporter but they are only for 1inch tubes though

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Protek Supplies do purpose made scope mounts for the Mk11 airsporter but they are only for 1inch tubes though

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    These mounts will not allow a rifle scope to move back far enough for correct eye relief.Protek suggest the use of a long eye relief scope such as a pistol scope because of this.John Knibbs also sell adapter blocks for this model of MK2 Airsporter which I bought,they are poorly made and do not solve the problem either ie they are a waste of money.
    The only solution I think is to have a purpose made mount made up by a gunsmith.I have had one on order for over a year,but my friendly gunsmith has been out of commission with an injury for some time now and it has not been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    These mounts will not allow a rifle scope to move back far enough for correct eye relief.Protek suggest the use of a long eye relief scope such as a pistol scope because of this.John Knibbs also sell adapter blocks for this model of MK2 Airsporter which I bought,they are poorly made and do not solve the problem either ie they are a waste of money.
    The only solution I think is to have a purpose made mount made up by a gunsmith.I have had one on order for over a year,but my friendly gunsmith has been out of commission with an injury for some time now and it has not been completed.
    Hi, Whilst reading this post I remembered a sales thread I put up a while ago,
    I bought this Meteor Mk1, As part of a deal , It was £45, ( I know I said £40 but on reflection ! I also never wanted it ) & some parts I really wanted ,
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....r+scope+mounts

Its no longer for sale, Its hibernating with friends, But I thought intresting as members are prepared to pay £20 + for poor copy mounts & want the originals ( With period scope) for less ! Buy the originals.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 01-06-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musicman View Post
    Hi Zooma.

Regards.

Musicman
    Hi Musicman,

I just bought a new set of these TO48C mounts and unfortunately they do not fit.

They have a flat bottom that does not clear the curvature of the cylinder.

Anyone want to buy a new set of 95148 - T048C Sports Match mounts?

TO48 Mounts

Hi Zooma,

Sorry to hear that the mounts do not fit your Mk2 Airsporter.

The three sets I have are all labeled as TO48. There is no C indicated on the packaging or the mounts.

I got them from Michael Tawn through .

I am really sorry if I have in any way mislead you. I had a Mk2 Airsporter which had the old plastic BSA scope from the Mk1 & Mk2 Meteors and as Sportsmatch TO48 mounts fit my Mk1 Meteors I was convinced that they would fit your Mk2 Airsporter.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience or expense I have caused you.

Regards.

Musicman

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Musicman,

I just bought a new set of these TO48C mounts and unfortunately they do not fit.

They have a flat bottom that does not clear the curvature of the cylinder.

Anyone want to buy a new set of 95148 - T048C Sports Match mounts?