Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting clothing - best source

I forgot about Intershoot. They do a range of Shultz canvas jackets which are very good value for money and delivery times are excellent. I have used them quite a few times and never been disappointed mate.

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog...acket-743.html

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Cheers Neil. I was aware of them as they do loads of stuff on FleaWay under the user name thehammerfalls. I just don't think it's a good idea to try and buy jackets off the internet, without trying them on you can never guarantee getting a correct fit which is then loads of hassle for the buyer and seller.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

I think bedford target supplies do a measuring service, if you can get in contact and meet up it would make a jacket purchase far simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Any pics and price please Zooma ?

Sorry I missed this post Mark, I have been away a lot recently due to a close family member dying down in the west country, but I will be back after the funeral next Thursday and will try to get some pictures of the jacket done for you then.

The jacket is an Anschutz leather jacket that would have been very expensive in it's day and is in pretty good condition - if I could get into it I would not sell it as I could never afford to buy a new jacket like this, and others that know a lot more than me about these jackets ( not too difficut to know more than me about leather shooting jackets) suggest it is a prone jacket and may have cost over £700 when bought new at the time.

If you are able to get up and try it on you could see if it fits you OK or not. Bearing in mind how tight it is on me ( I am guessing prone jackets should not be this tight?), and given that I am usually "comfortable" in any 42" civy clothing, my guess would be this would be a comfortable fit for a 38" chest and possibly OK for a 40" chest - but this is assuming a nice easy fit is what a prone jacket should provide - I really have no idea about this.

If it were just a little bit bigger I would use it for 10 meter air rifle shooting (even though I am told it is a "prone" jacket) and be delighted with it.

I will email or PM you with any more details so as not to hi-jack this thread any further.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-06-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.