Thread: AA Alfa Proj

AA Alfa Proj

Hello
    Is the AA Alfa Proj match pistol a serious 10m target pistol??? I am a bit worried about the ambidextrous grip. I heard a few bad reports about the Rohm pistols. Which is a budget pistol. Thanks R

The AA Alfa is way, way, over priced. I had the CO2 version with anatomical grip and it shoots better than 99% of shooters, so the AA should perform the same. The triggers are not the best. An as-new CO2 Alfa for £200 or so would be OK, but a Tau 7 would be a better bet by far. Forget the PCP version unless someone is almost giving it away, ie. circa £200.

Target pistol with ambi grip?? No way!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Agree with the above. Allthough there's nothing wrong with its accuracy no doubt, they are as AA pistol WAY too expensive. And thats with a kinda useless, ambi grip! Targetgrip is extra!
    Also, its VERY light up front, and the target grips are very thin.
    Also, I doubt about the very small air reservoir the Alfa has in pcp trim.
    Shots are quite limited, and I wonder wether the reg can cope sufficiently with such ltd supply.

I'm a big fan of the Tau 7's though!!

Between the 2, Alfa or Rohm, I'd say Rohm.
    Or a sec hand morini, walther, etc.
    ATB,
    yana

We had two Alfa Classic CO2 pistols in our club and they were both very accurate.

The older one is used by everyone and always performs well. The second one was brand new and only lasted for 3 weeks when the trigger valve failed and spare parts are not proving as easy to find as is suggested.

The new pistol is obviously still under warranty, but due to the long delay waiting for the repair (months) it has now been credited and the owner has now bought a Feinwerkbau PCP instead.

Our experience therefore is that they are very good when they are working, but the qaulity is a little variable and if you need a repair that requires spare parts you could be in for a long wait.

We are also fans of the TAU 7 Match ( the genuine Match version) and would suggest this may be a better s/h buy - if you can find one.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-06-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

As you say, the accuracy of the Alfas can't be faulted and IIRC an American tester brought the standard 9mm c to c down to 5mm by using 8gr pellets.

Accuracy aside, as generally it is a "given" with any match pistol, overall the standard Tau 7 is a better gun so no doubt the match version would be a large improvement.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.