Hi Robin

The shooting isn't going too well! I shoot 3 times a week, but my average, mediocre as it was, has dropped right off. Now the drop is psychologically self fulfilling! I feel the Walther is a shade too (front) heavy for me, so at present I'm going to concentrate on the FAS. The fault is all mine- trigger control, or lack of, not the guns.

I wasn't sure myself about LP2s in CO2 flavour, but PP in post #2 says that a reference book quotes them as having been available. I prefer CO2 as for me it is more convenient and cheaper than air. I have a 6 or 8 ltr bottle which will last me years and delivered to the door costs around £10 for a fill. A CO2 gun should be a lot cheaper too, as "everyone knows CO2 is a hopeless propellant). I'm unlikely to ever reach the dizzy heights where the slight velocity change as a CO2 gun chills will make a difference to my scores.

I'm considering the step up to a Steyr, for the extra adjustments available ie. the fully adjustable grip and the variable width rear sight (assuming the LP1 & 2 are fitted with it). I could conceivably stretch to a new one, but would prefer not to if a good s/h one comes at the right price!

PS. Any idea what CO2 & PCP LP1s would go for in decent condition? Pm me if you wish.