Thread: tanfoglio witness or gsm 92?

tanfoglio witness or gsm 92?

which is the best gun, the witness, or the gsm? i have a sig p226 x-five, & that's an ace gun- which of the other two comes closest to the x-five?

Hmmmm, interesting one.

The early witness is a far better gun than the X-Five, the later ones suffer on quality (on the magazine more than the gun).

The GSG-92 is fine but if you have an X-Five theres little point in buying one, apart from the looks (and these are Cybergun guns so the finish will wear quickly) there is little in it.

If you are buying one to buy another airgun then do not waste your time with either, if your buying one because you have a genuine interest in firearms then go with whichever you appreciate the most. Remember the GSG92 is not a replica of the Beretta 92, its a replica of a Taurus PT92 (note the safety\decocker is in the original position yet the GSG-92 retains the more modern trigger guard and magazine release position).
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Witness

I mus say that the witness is better. I have one myself and would definitely recommend it. Whether you are an experienced shooter looking to experiment with different guns, a person who wants to have that good 'ole classic 1911, or even a first timer looking for a decent gun to start off with, the Tanfoglio Witness 1911 is by far the better better option for you. This was my first gun and has got me interested. I was looking at getting the SIG but after looking around, realised that the witness is one of the best handguns to own...

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Hmmmm, interesting one.

The early witness is a far better gun than the X-Five, the later ones suffer on quality (on the magazine more than the gun).

The GSG-92 is fine but if you have an X-Five theres little point in buying one, apart from the looks (and these are Cybergun guns so the finish will wear quickly) there is little in it.

If you are buying one to buy another airgun then do not waste your time with either, if your buying one because you have a genuine interest in firearms then go with whichever you appreciate the most. Remember the GSG92 is not a replica of the Beretta 92, its a replica of a Taurus PT92 (note the safety\decocker is in the original position yet the GSG-92 retains the more modern trigger guard and magazine release position).
    yeah, i know the GSG's based on the taurus pt92, but the beretta 96 (not the 92- that's different) is identical- it has the taurus trigger guard & safety. in fact, taurus may have based their gun on the beretta 96 rather than the 92.

Easy asnwer - get both!
    Seriously though, as much as I like the GSG-92 I think the TFW is a classic.
    If I could only have one, it would be the TFW.