Thread: crossman 2240 silencer/open sights?

crossman 2240 silencer/open sights?

As title....would like to fit a silencer and retain open sights, is it possible ?

Just open up the hole where plastic sight fits over the end of barrel and slide sight back down barrel and glue,
    then fit silencer

HIH
    Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN View Post
    Just open up the hole where plastic sight fits over the end of barrel and slide sight back down barrel and glue,
    then fit silencer

HIH
    Pete
    wont the thickness of the silencer obscure the fore sight picture ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    wont the thickness of the silencer obscure the fore sight picture ?
    Not unless it's very wide,hold it alongside and have a looksie
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Gmac do one of these if you can't get a sight picture:

http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...roducts/**0010

I bought one recently, am now just waiting on a MIM sight
    Good deals with these members

I think you might have an issue fitting a silencer and using open sights, which is why I haven't seen silencer adaptors with sights fitted. Do you really need the silencer, or is it just to get a different look to your muzzle? If it's the latter look at both gmac and sd custom for muzzle brakes with sight pins. If you really need the silencer look at red dots or pistol scopes, some are reasonably priced.
    Whatever doesn't kill you, is going to leave a scar... A Crip With A Gun!
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    *cough*
    I've seen the extended pin, but if you raise the tip of the sight pin you need a corresponding rise in the level of the rear sight.
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

There is item no 360463768305 on the bay, but that's for an airsoft silencer...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHolden View Post
    I think you might have an issue fitting a silencer and using open sights, which is why I haven't seen silencer adaptors with sights fitted. Do you really need the silencer, or is it just to get a different look to your muzzle? If it's the latter look at both gmac and sd custom for muzzle brakes with sight pins. If you really need the silencer look at red dots or pistol scopes, some are reasonably priced.
    need the silencer to keep the neighbours sweet....over looked by 17 of them would like to avoid the steel breech and scope route as i only want it for informal and cheap plinking

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    need the silencer to keep the neighbours sweet....over looked by 17 of them would like to avoid the steel breech and scope route as i only want it for informal and cheap plinking
    That's a bummer, I hate to suggest this, but pro-blocks and a red dot might do the trick with a silencer fitted. if you can keep the pro-blocks in place (double sided tape under them or araldite?). You could probably do that for less than half the price of a steel breech if you can't sort out a front sight/silencer set up, so good luck on working one out.

many thanks for everyones input on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHolden View Post
    I've seen the extended pin, but if you raise the tip of the sight pin you need a corresponding rise in the level of the rear sight.
    True, but that may well be within the adjustment range of the rear sight.
    The pin can be trimmed down to the minimum necessary to overcome the silencer.