Thread: results 100m airgun match june 3

results 100m airgun match june 3

Hi all,

Yesterday there was another 100m airgun match. Here you can see the results and some pics.

ATB
    emi
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Impressed.

The other week, we had a windless day at the club, so I popped out to the 100yard range.

With 10 shots on a card, 5 of them were in a 2cm group in the middle...

...the rest of the shots were - erm - outliers.

I notice all of your competitors were using .22 and larger calibres. There's even a few .308s! Presumably with high energies too.

How competitive would you expect a sub 16.3 joule 4.5mm rifle to be at 100m? I have JSB exacts or exact heavies in mind.

Hi Clunge,

I think you'll have some disadventage with a 4,5mm sub 16,3 joule rifle at 100m. But when you see this 3 shot group with aan AA EV2 at 100m......

ATB
    emi
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

terminal velocity

Hi, never thought about very long range air rifle shooting before & was just wondering what the terminal velocity of a 30ft/lb .22 might be at 100 & 200 yards. Anyone measured it?

thanks

terminal velocity

]Hi, never thought about very long range air rifle shooting before & was just wondering what the terminal velocity of a 30ft/lb .22 might be at 100 & 200 yards. Anyone measured it?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry, should have said metres not yards. Seems funny with a mix of imperial units for power & metric for range, one day I will get the hang of Joules!

thanks

terminal velocity

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    ]Hi, never thought about very long range air rifle shooting before & was just wondering what the terminal velocity of a 30ft/lb .22 might be at 100 & 200 yards. Anyone measured it?

thanks
    .22 at 100 yards is around 625fps (13.8flbs) and 200 yards 425 fps (6.4ftlbs) this is with AAs 15.9grns at 30ftbs from muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Hi, never thought about very long range air rifle shooting before & was just wondering what the terminal velocity of a 30ft/lb .22 might be at 100 & 200 yards. Anyone measured it?

thanks
    If you get ChairGun it can work this sort of thing out for you. In-put all the pellet details, just put 50m in for 'zero' and 100m in for 'target' and it will show you the energy for those two ranges . Change the ranges for different distances and it will show the energy there too.