Which on should i get ?

Alsi in which calibre ?
    Edgun matador r3m .22
    Hw 95
    Hw 97 syn.stls

Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Which on should i get ?

Alsi in which calibre ?
    depends on whether you want a gun that recoils, or recoil-free. & whether you want a lightweight gun, or something with more heft to it. the hw45 is all metal, heavy, spring-powered, & recoils. the alecto has a lot of plastic in its construction & is therefore lighter, is piston-powered, & doesn't recoil. as far as the calibre is concerned, the choice is yours, but i prefer .22 whenever the option is available.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Which on should i get ?

Alsi in which calibre ?
    Both good guns but chalk and cheese. Get both

My choice would be .177 whatever you get: The Alecto is accurate (By which I mean easily accessible accuracy) enough that you will see the benefit of a flatter trajectory.
    All .177 HW45s are dual power, but not all .22s are.
    If you always shoot at a fixed distance it doesn't really matter, but if you vary your range at all you will see the benefit of the .177 trajectory at the lower energies of pistols. If you are shooting targets or entering competitions it's the preferable calibre. Also pellets are cheaper.
    .22 is undeniably more entertaining if you are shooting at cans and other 'reactive' targets though
    Last edited by eyebull; 05-06-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Good deals with these members

Definitely very different guns, but both decent. I am certain the hw45 would be the better built of the 2 pistols and for me it would be more fun as it will be just as accurate as the Alecto but more difficult to master.

With regards to calibre I think that .177 is the best calibre for pistols, power is not an issue with any air pistol so unless you want a challenge you may as well take advantage of the flatter trajectory.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I would go .22 in the 45 as its less recoil, + .177. In the Alecto, I've had both these pistols, sold on the Alecto still got the 45 it's a keeper...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpark666 View Post
    I would go .22 in the 45 as its less recoil, + .177. In the Alecto, I've had both these pistols, sold on the Alecto still got the 45 it's a keeper...

How is it less recoil in .22? Both calibre's share the same power plant.

It rather depend if you want something to happen when you pull the trigger ie point it and shoot the gun goes pop and hole in target.

if you want to feel that you have achieved something ie pull trigger gun jumps goes pop if you are doing it rite hole in target if not hole in wall go with the HW45 in .22

Thanks for your input guys
    I do feel drawn towards hw 45 in .22

Maybe i could get a .177 barrel too ?
    Looks very easy to swap

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...24564&cat=HW45
    Edgun matador r3m .22
    Hw 95
    Hw 97 syn.stls

I have both in .177.Both great guns.The HW as always is built to last. But i am very impressed with the alecto.The Alecto is very east to shoot accuratley and if power is an issue ,the Alecto puts out around 5.5 ft lbs where the HW45 is around 4-4.5 ft lbs.

I was in the same boat and decided to go with a HW45 Black Star. personally I think it looks gorgeous and is incredibly well built. I can see this lasting forever.

I still want to get an Alecto though as they also look like a lot of fun. The one thing that put me off was the fact you have to pump it 2-3 times for full power. The HW45 has a much better system for the dual power modes and is surprisingly easy to cock. The Alecto looks like you have to apply a bit of force on the second stroke.

Did you go for 22 or 177?
    Edgun matador r3m .22
    Hw 95
    Hw 97 syn.stls

I went for .177 as I prefer a flatter trajectory. Also the pellets are cheaper which is a bonus.

The good thing about the HW45 is that you can swap the barrel out should you wish to. I am not 100% sure if this is the case with the Alecto. I see you can buy the .177 barrel on Chambers but couldn't see a .22 barrel.

Theres a .177 blackstar on gunstar £200

Im twitching

But getting wed next year so got some Bills to pay !

Hmmmm

Anyone else on here a bit economical with the truth when it comes to telling women how much you spend ??? Lol
    Edgun matador r3m .22
    Hw 95
    Hw 97 syn.stls

Theres a .177 blackstar on gunstar £200

Im twitching

But getting wed next year so got some Bills to pay !

Hmmmm

Anyone else on here a bit economical with the truth when it comes to telling women how much you spend ??? Lol
    my mate did, about the flash compact digital camera he bought- told his missus he won it in a raffle at his model railway club! then he shit bricks about it for 2 years in case the truth got out- until he sold it. the bugger dragged me into it too, swearing me to secrecy about it- & i HATE getting involved in subterfuge!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I went for .177 as I prefer a flatter trajectory. Also the pellets are cheaper which is a bonus.

The good thing about the HW45 is that you can swap the barrel out should you wish to. I am not 100% sure if this is the case with the Alecto. I see you can buy the .177 barrel on Chambers but couldn't see a .22 barrel.
    I'm sure you can get hold of .22 barrels, but the Alecto is close enough to the limit that putting a .22 barrel on a .177 gun would defnitely put it over the limit. The other way round would be ok though.
    T R Robb sells custom barrels for Alectos, I recently bought one threaded for a moderator.
    Good deals with these members