Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alecto or HW 45 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Theres a .177 blackstar on gunstar £200

Im twitching

But getting wed next year so got some Bills to pay !

Hmmmm

Anyone else on here a bit economical with the truth when it comes to telling women how much you spend ??? Lol
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...4/DSC_3164.jpg

A pic of mine to help make your decision . I have since removed the red dot sight though as I prefer the iron sights.

BTW I bought mine for that price from Gunstar as well.
    Last edited by Mark A; 06-06-2012 at 08:35 AM.

I went for the Alecton in 177. From what i have heard, the 45 is much harder to shoot accurately and you really have to put the effort in. I have bought the pistol for fun and don't want to put in that much hard work

The 45 is the better made pistol and will definately last longer than the Alecto but for the amount I will be shooting, I reckon the Alecto will last long enough. I will be getting a scope fitted also, hopefully this may bring in the groups in a little as I do struggle with the open sights at the longer ranges.

Simon

If its any help I recently was looking at selling my HW45 to buy a Alceto - I had found the HW45 difficult to shoot and was going to take the easy option of the recoiless Webley.

Following some great advice from a member on here, over a period of hours I adjusted the trigger, cleaned the barrel properly and tried a variety of pellets - and its totally transformed the gun! I wouldn't look at a Alceto now and am so glad I kept the 45!

Mines a .177 and with a red dot fitted, it shoots lovely 1p coin size groups at 10 yards using Bisley Magnum pellets, they also seem to make the gun less snappy than when using a light pellet.

If you want recoiless and HW looks and build quality why not go for the HW 75 best of both if your not too worried about full 6 lb power

by the way I tried to get in contact the guy about the BlackStar 45 on gunstar site but no reply - I guess it must have sold.

Wryka
    They flutter behind you, your possible pasts ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wryka View Post
    If you want recoiless and HW looks and build quality why not go for the HW 75 best of both if your not too worried about full 6 lb power

by the way I tried to get in contact the guy about the BlackStar 45 on gunstar site but no reply - I guess it must have sold.

Wryka
    Was his name Mark? If so that might be the one I bought and he hasn't taken down the advert. Hate it when they do that .

They are pretty rare as you have to order them from Germany, I was waiting quite a few weeks before I saw one advertised on there. I had it open in a tab and was refreshing every so often.

There have been a few Silver star versions on there though. I think they look just as good and have the same grip. Also seen a few Alectos on there, going for around £150-£200. I'm tempted to pick one up to compliment my HW45 so I have the best of both worlds.

After reading this thread I got out my Hw45 , Alecto and Sliverstar and had a plinking session on my range.
    To be honest I preferred the Alecto out of all three for the control you can have with a recoil-less pistol as the other two do take time and practice to get descent results with where as the Alecto you seem to get better results quicker.

So I'll take my own advice and look for a HW75

Wryka

Wait..You already have a silver star and standard HW45 and want a black star as well? . Saying that I do want to get a standard version as well so I can make some walnut grips for it.

The Alecto

is a fabulous pistol and shoots very tight groups with little effort.......this is where
    i said a fond farewell to mine and have on order an HW45 as the challenge to master this pistol
    is to relish. The Alecto is simple to set up triggerwise and the shelf is also easily sorted to suit
    the shooters hand and it offers accuracy in spades.
    I am sure neither pistol will disappoint and if i could have afforded to i would have kept it and
    simply added the HW,willie

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...4/DSC_3164.jpg

A pic of mine to help make your decision . I have since removed the red dot sight though as I prefer the iron sights.

BTW I bought mine for that price from Gunstar as well.
    That is a good looking pistol.
    Is the frame/grip different from the standard HW45 to accomodate those grips?

Edit: A little digging later... I see the HW75 has a cut down frame to fit the larger grips. I asume the Star's have the same modification.
    Last edited by Slinky-power; 16-06-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Wait..You already have a silver star and standard HW45 and want a black star as well? . Saying that I do want to get a standard version as well so I can make some walnut grips for it.

Then I'll have the set

Quote Originally Posted by Wryka View Post
    Then I'll have the set
    I'd love the set as well. I fancy having one in .22 and one in .177, so might get hold of a silver star at some point. I will have all three when I win the euromillions .