Thread: Bench Rest Air Rifle Postal Comp

Bench Rest Air Rifle Postal Comp

Hi

A member of our club is looking for a Bench Rest Air Rifle Postal Comp, can anyone point me in the direction of one or two ?

Thanks

David
    Evo 10 Compact.

NSRA and UKBR22.

Pretty sure the NSRA allow the use of air rifle in their BR Comps and I think UKBR22 have distinct Air-Class comps.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Yes the NSRA do allow air rifle, in calibres up to .22, although you will be at a disadvantage against the rimfire rifles and the rules are different to UKBR22. The Hendon League offers an air rifle only benchrest postal comp, shot to NSRA rules, check their website for details & entry.

Nearly forgot, Cambridgeshire Target Shooting Association also offer benchrest postal. Its well subscribed and only one card per round. Some folks like that. Its club scored and results are all automated as regards update etc. The way forward I think

Many thanks Hemmers and norm , I will pass this on (the member has some disability hence looking for BR).
    Evo 10 Compact.

Yes the NSRA do allow air rifle, in calibres up to .22, although you will be at a disadvantage against the rimfire rifles and the rules are different to UKBR22.
    Having seen the performances put up with air rifles at 25 yards indoors I would not be so sure about being at a disadvantage.

Rutty

Air rifle benchrest comps

We have 20 and 25 yard air rifle postal benchrest competitions, at our club, and are run through the D.R.A. These are run throughout the year, and the Autumn/Winter comps will be due to start in the coming weeks, and "shot by dates" are every 2 weeks.

Cheers. Paul

Hi David

Midland Shooting (Benchrest) League postal comps. are run over summer and also winter seasons

10 rounds/ season
    20 shots/round
    World/European and UKBR22 rules apply re. equipment.

UKBR22 based targets (2mm bull inward scoring but 10 diagrams/card)

It is a team event. Air rifles and Rimfire shooters can be in the same team

There are 8 divisions based/seeded on the team average

20 yd (scaled down) targets or 25 yd targets are used to cater for both ranges

Scoring is by your own nominated team official but audits are carried out during the season to ensure compliance

If your friend can get a team or teams together for the Winter season, then please ask him to contact me

If he wishes to shoot as an individual, UKBR22 should be contacted through their website

e-mail sent re. Midlands rules etc
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
    We have 20 and 25 yard air rifle postal benchrest competitions, at our club, and are run through the D.R.A. These are run throughout the year, and the Autumn/Winter comps will be due to start in the coming weeks, and "shot by dates" are every 2 weeks.

Cheers. Paul
    What club is that Pengo?