Thread: Scrap Schimel Repair

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick

Scrap Schimel Repair

I made the rather optimistic purchase of a very cheap, tatty, incomplete Schimel GP22 for spares a few months ago.
    Close inspection of the distortion of the metal in broken foresight area of the barrel shroud confirms a previous owner discovered the barrel housing to be siezed in the frame by twisting with the foresight and snapping it off
    I'm now in the process of machining out the barrel shroud (having first determined it's internal dimensions) prior to making a new one, plus a replacement backstrap (original present but broken) and hopefully a 12g compatible CO2 housing/piercer assembly (the missing bit!).

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Schimel genius

Hi
    Just a word about L Amatruda regarding Schimels in depth.
    This guy has forgotten more about these fantastic guns than most would ever know and if you need any help, I would suggest you contact Lawrie for spares and info.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by redair View Post
    Hi
    Just a word about L Amatruda regarding Schimels in depth.
    This guy has forgotten more about these fantastic guns than most would ever know and if you need any help, I would suggest you contact Lawrie for spares and info.

Richard

You must mean 'Lawrie Schimel Armatruda'

Schimel GP22

I have had four of these and done some restoration. New seals and parts also available from http://www.theschimel.com/ The photo with two pistols in a case on this site were mine. One problem that I found which is not easily noticed are tiny scatches in the gas chamber where people have removed old seals with metal tools. Only plastic and wood implements should be used for this job. The scatches will cause leaks and need to be polished out.

Best regards, Baz