Thread: Combat/Tactical Style Grips For A 2240?

Combat/Tactical Style Grips For A 2240?

I've spent hours searching the net for grips for my Crosman 2240. I have a plastic set from SD Custom which look better than the stock grips, but, I'd like something better, that isn't wood.

I'd like something with a more combat or tactical style, are there grips from another pistol, such as the 1911, that can be bodged/adapted?
    Whatever doesn't kill you, is going to leave a scar... A Crip With A Gun!
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

I haven't seen a 2240 with that sort of grip, although it's an interesting idea. I've just laid one of my Witness grips onto my 2240 and it looks quite good. If I could post attachments I'd send a photo, but it says I'm not allowed. It's certainly feasible. Just depends on your ingenuity. You'd need a backing piece - maybe acrylic, or 3mm ply from a model shop - cut to the outline of the frame, and lay the 1911 grips onto that.

Maybe you've given me my next project.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Interesting idea, I'm on a 2240 grip quest myself...Could an AR grip be bodged to fit...?
    Good deals with these members

I'm thinking of getting a secondhand 2240 grip frame and doing some experimentation.

I like wood, but it doesn't go with the style I'm aiming for with my 2240, chequered aluminium would be nice, anodised black.
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by mel_drew View Post
    If I could post attachments I'd send a photo, but it says I'm not allowed.
    None of us are, except in the sales section & even then its so much hassle re-sizing etc, its not worth it.
    Just do what everyone else does and use an external hosting service such as Flickr or Photobucket and just cut and paste a link in your post...

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    None of us are, except in the sales section & even then its so much hassle re-sizing etc, its not worth it.
    Just do what everyone else does and use an external hosting service such as Flickr or Photobucket and just cut and paste a link in your post...

Hope that helps
    Thanks very much for that. I'll stop trying, then.

How strange, though. Not many forums that I use nowadays where you have to use an image hosting site.

its easier to make a complete grip frame with the same attachment for the ar type grip then you have laods of differant types to choose from (you will need a milling machine to slot the top for the trigger mech though) but its pretty straitforward

Quote Originally Posted by bigjob View Post
    its easier to make a complete grip frame with the same attachment for the ar type grip then you have laods of differant types to choose from (you will need a milling machine to slot the top for the trigger mech though) but its pretty straitforward
    That /\ sounds ike a plan... the cogs are turning now...

did one last year but sold it on a custom rat, funny enough im building a pcp rat in.20 flavour as we speak think ill do another ar grip base over the weekend if i have time! for grips etc tactical stuff chk out wolf airsoft laods of stuff on there cheap!
    Last edited by bigjob; 07-06-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Hi,

A bit expensive but - http://www.blueforkdesign.us/44501/38816.html they do a trigger unit the AR15 grip fits.

sfbm

Quote Originally Posted by sfbm View Post
    Hi,

A bit expensive but - http://www.blueforkdesign.us/44501/38816.html they do a trigger unit the AR15 grip fits.

sfbm
    Bookmarked... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sfbm View Post
    Hi,

sfbm
    Bookmarked and then realised he won't sell outside of the usa

i found this site a couple of months ago
    http://crosmods.com/index.html
    they do loads of custom parts for 2240

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by amg57 View Post
    i found this site a couple of months ago
    http://crosmods.com/index.html
    they do loads of custom parts for 2240

Andy
    Thanks for that one, can't think why I haven't seen it before.