Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air logic genesis info?

sniper22 Guest

air logic genesis info?

having tried to find a mint example of this rare rifle for 4 years, yesterday all my golden wonka bars came at once when i walked out of b.a.r with genesis number 149.
    i know richard spencer designed the rifle and scalemead marketed them.
    how many were made? anymore info?

sniper22 Guest
    31 views but it looks like im off to accrington on weds next week to see the man himself - richard spencer

Please report back - there are probably many here who would be interested in your findings

Tony

I remember chatting to Richard about this at his shop many moons ago. I thought he built 147 but yours is numbered 2 more ? He did produce a couple marked EXP and EXP2 (experimental) during devlopment. There is one .177 in existance (but Richard will not sell it - I tried but he refused ) He tells a fascinating story about the Home Office involvement and he was under house arrest or something similar

PS I think he shuts on wednesdays !!!!!

If you want to be absolutey authentic you will need an air logic 'mosquito' one piece mount and an Air logic 4-20x40 (30mm body) scope. I have one of these scopes and they are awesome rangefinders with cristal clear optics (you can still but them badged as hakko)

HTH

sniper22 Guest
    ill go to the shop on thursday all being well and see if i can get some info from richard. i also want the little button damper that stops the cocking arm slamming shut. i wonder if he still has spares?
    also with my rifle was a 5/8 unf silencer, polished alloy and totally useless at taming the noise.
    i wentt out to the range today to zero it and found muscles i never knew existed. its a mans gun because the cocking is so hard to complete.
    im impressed at the accuracy of the gun and now ive stripped the barrel of and relubed the barrel bushes and 19 years of cack that had accumulated in the action. now its smooth a silk and shoots like a dream. ive had a laugh too, a guy in the club whos retired and game for anything asked for a go so i told him if he could cock it id give him a few goes.
    needless to say, this poor guys neck muscles finally gave up the ghost and thats why he only shot his daystates today.

Talking Best ammo

Does anyone know which is the most accurate ammunition to use with the Genesis? both for targets and light game.

Cheers

Duff Beer is offline Whip me, strip me, make me pass dud cheques...
    Had a chat to the man himself on Thursday, he recommends Eley Wasps (the old ones) of which I still have half a tin or failing that Accupells.

Does anyone know who to get the outer barrel off the front of the main cylinder? One of the part 10 seals has gone on part three and it's losing compression when cocked. Richard said part 3 just knocks out of the front of the cylinder but obviously this can't be done with the barrel in place.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Air Logic Genisis

Have you got the instruction manual and exploded component diagram? If you haven`t, then PM me with your e-mail address and I`ll send them to you. All should then be clear. ATB, 121 owner.
    Laudator temporis acti

Sniper:

You sold your Mk4 to fund this? Is the Genesis as accurate
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

i had one mint in box with mount serial 16 or 17 yours could have been the last one made ,147 i thought 1 in 177 that richard owns good idea but i found it a bit big compared to my mohawk so i sold it paid £200 for mine

Northernspark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham G View Post
    You sold your Mk4 to fund this? Is the Genesis as accurate

Steve

Pagoda113,
    Cheers for the response. I have the instruction manuals and the exploded diagrams. I spoke to Richard as mine has developed a leak. I have changed the seals on the 'piston' and alse the valve seals (using the correct tools and valve seating tools). He suggested that the rearmost Part 10 seal on Part 3 was probably dead and that Part 3 just slides out.
    As taking the inner barrel and sleeve out is a pain in the arse I was hoping to unscrew the bold handle and then just take the entire bolt and barrel assembly off the front of the gun. I don't know how the outter barrel etc comes off the front of the cylinder. Does it just unscrew, and if so which direction. Obviously I don't want to write off the pride and joy .

Any help would be much apprecaited.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Duff Beer View Post
    Had a chat to the man himself on Thursday, he recommends Eley Wasps (the old ones) of which I still have half a tin or failing that Accupells.

Does anyone know who to get the outer barrel off the front of the main cylinder? One of the part 10 seals has gone on part three and it's losing compression when cocked. Richard said part 3 just knocks out of the front of the cylinder but obviously this can't be done with the barrel in place.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    You did see the date on this thread right?
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

Indeed, Necroposting for the win!

However, the point is still valid

Quote Originally Posted by BONNIE & CLYDE View Post
    i had one mint in box with mount serial 16 or 17 yours could have been the last one made ,147 i thought 1 in 177 that richard owns good idea but i found it a bit big compared to my mohawk so i sold it paid £200 for mine
    A friend of mine had numbers 44 and 151 for sale in 2004 and quoted a figure of 175 being made in .22 only.
    I would have thought Richard Spencer would be the one who knows how many were made.