Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: air logic genesis info?

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Genesis

Hi Duff Beer, I`ve been taking a close look at mine since your post.How to get 58 (barrel sleeve retainer) seperated from 48 (pump body) seems to be the real problem, and I have to say, much to my annoyance, that like you, I`m baffled at present,
    Obviously stock screw 72 acts as lock between 48 & 58, but whether the i/d of 48 is threaded to take a male thread on the outside of 58 is unclear. I would think not because it would be difficult to grip the cone shape of 58 to tighten it on 48, and there are no signs of holes for, eg, a peg spanner on the back face of 58.On the other hand the assembly diagram could be interpreted as showing a thread
    I did try gently tapping the back face of 58 with a copper drift (with 72 removed) but with no result.
    Sorry to be unhelpful, I`m as puzzled as you!
    Anyone else experienced this problem?
    Laudator temporis acti

Ring Richard at Target Technics, he will talk you through it.

I just checked the number on mine, I have #170
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

Duff Beer is offline Whip me, strip me, make me pass dud cheques...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda113 View Post
    Hi Duff Beer, I`ve been taking a close look at mine since your post.How to get 58 (barrel sleeve retainer) seperated from 48 (pump body) seems to be the real problem, and I have to say, much to my annoyance, that like you, I`m baffled at present,
    Obviously stock screw 72 acts as lock between 48 & 58, but whether the i/d of 48 is threaded to take a male thread on the outside of 58 is unclear. I would think not because it would be difficult to grip the cone shape of 58 to tighten it on 48, and there are no signs of holes for, eg, a peg spanner on the back face of 58.On the other hand the assembly diagram could be interpreted as showing a thread
    I did try gently tapping the back face of 58 with a copper drift (with 72 removed) but with no result.
    Sorry to be unhelpful, I`m as puzzled as you!
    Anyone else experienced this problem?
    No problems, and thanks for trying. It made my head hurt looking at the assembly diagram. It's detailed enough to show you what the problem is, but not enough to show you how to fix it. But then I wouldn't show all my secrets to all and sundry too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GLow View Post
    Ring Richard at Target Technics, he will talk you through it.

I just checked the number on mine, I have #170
    I have spoken to Richard, and asked him how much a service would be (as it could probably do with one). He said he wouldn't do it for less than £100. I think it's a little cheeky to ask him to walk me through a process that he won't get any money from and if I cock it up I will have to send it to him anyway so I may as well bite the bullet and send it up north.
    Now with added Feinwerkbau 127
    In the beginning was the Genesis; it is the first and the last, it is the truth and the light, it shooteth straight when others fail. - Pagoda113

Target Technics closing down ?????

as the sign in the shop says "Due to government cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off".

The shop looks pretty empty and unkempt. If you do catch "THE MAN" have large pinch of your own chlorine salts of sodium available he won't give anything away.

149 was available for sale from a private collection in Lancashire during the 90's.

Sound advice When you can break a Bullworker in less than 15mins take a Genesis for a mornings plinking and an afternoon hunting on foot.

with regards

Rod

Well that's me up the creek then. If I can't get the seal changed I've got a tremendously expensive paperweight.

Does anyone have a number or email for Him? I shall try the shop tomorrow and Monday.
    In the beginning was the Genesis; it is the first and the last, it is the truth and the light, it shooteth straight when others fail. - Pagoda113

[QUOTE=sniper22;516459]ill
    i wentt out to the range today to zero it and found muscles i never knew existed. its a mans gun because the cocking is so hard to complete.

See my entry on Gone but Not Forgotten re Bil Kennedy..

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277832

Bill was the only man in the club that could effortlessly cock his Genesis,
    a .22, but he would take out the equivalent of today's reducers at 55 yards (FT, sitting) all day long. Sadly he died doing just that, at a North Oxon FT Winter League shoot, but that's another story.

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

sniper22 Guest
    cocking it is a knack, the skill is holding it steady on aim afterwards.

iirc the barrel is removed by removing the bolt and the part it screws into. tha barrel pulls out through the muzzle.

The problem is getting the entire front end off. Richard said that to replace one of the seals on the cylinder head (not piston head) I would have to remove the outer barrel and inner barrel (part marked A on the photo), and the bolt assembly (part marked B). Then I would have to remove the valve and the piston assembly and then tap the cylinder head out of the front of the action.

I have no problems with getting the piston or the valve out, but getting the bolt action out with the outer barrel is a complete mystery.

Last edited by Duff Beer; 09-01-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Guys I would definitely suggest that if you need to call Target Technics you do it today.......

Quote Originally Posted by Duff Beer View Post
    Guys I would definitely suggest that if you need to call Target Technics you do it today.......
    Explain please
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

I'm not sure but was under the impression that the shop was owned by Webley.

With the current smoke and mirrors tricks that are going on with Webley at the moment who knows what will happen.

ATB
    Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by roduk View Post
    as the sign in the shop says "Due to government cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off".

The shop looks pretty empty and unkempt. If you do catch "THE MAN" have large pinch of your own chlorine salts of sodium available he won't give anything away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff Beer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GLow View Post
    Explain please
    Target Technics had its last day of trading according to The Man Himself yesterday (Saturday).

Absolute shame, it really is.