Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's included with a FWB 700 Alu

What's included with a FWB 700 Alu

Hi folks - can anyone confirm whether sights and a hard case would be included with a new 700 Alu purchased from a reputable dealer please (e.g. Intershoot), or are these things 'extra's'? My impression was that FWB supplied some 'basic' sights with the gun, and that it also comes as standard in a decent hard case. Having never had one though, and not having anyone near me who may sell these I'm not sure.

As far as I know the Feinwerbau match rifle's still come with the proper Feinwerkbau sights - but no carry case.

This is an area where I think Feinwerkbau need to do better and supply all of their match rifles in the excellent hard case they prefer to sell as an optional extra.

Some other manufacturers do this better - eg Walther.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Excellent thanks - does seem a shame if something at this price point doesn't include something decent to protect it in. Would you happen to know how much the FWB hard case is, or where sells them?

I think the new FWB 800 comes in a decent hard case of a similar, if not better quality, than those supplied with Anschutz and Walther. Or at least the two I've seen have done.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLewis View Post
    I think the new FWB 800 comes in a decent hard case of a similar, if not better quality, than those supplied with Anschutz and Walther. Or at least the two I've seen have done.

Mike
    The 800 does come with a good quality hard case.

Why would anyone want to purchase rifle from Ireland, or anywhere else, have to have it delivered to a rfd in England, risk it going wrong & have to send it back again & only have the Fwb 90 day warranty instead of buying a genuine Centra UK import with a 12month warranty & full backup for the sake of about £65?

I don't mean to offend but it seems risky to me.

Rifles being purchased from Europe (although perfectly legal) are at more risk now than ever as once they hit our border the come under UK law.

Sometimes supplied by foreign retailers as two non working parts or other dubious methods. At the end of the day they are pressure parts & subject to face to face transaction with a rfd.

Customs have now stopped some & one or two people are having problems from what I have been led to believe..it had to happen in the end, I just don't think it's worth the risk myself.........I know others that do & I hope they don't have a problem.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Good news about the new 800 coming in a case ( about time too!) - but your original question was about a 700, and unless there has been a change that affects the 2012 models the 700 does not come in a nice hard case like the 800.

Something to seriously consider is the point well made by wonkey donkey - match rifle's bought from overseas are not so cheap if things don't go to plan, and the extended full 12 monthe waranty given with the official UK supplied models can easilly turn out to be a bargain if the rifle needs any attention during the first year of it's life.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Dare say it all depends upon the price difference after importing and paying RFD fees etc.

Looks like the Fen is about £270 cheaper than another UK online shop and wont be a bitzer. Other rifles from same place look like gone up £250 recently and therefore not worth while for about £50. Depending how greedy local shop is still could be £400 odd dearer after paying carriage and RFD costs.
    Whats to go wrong, they either will pack up straight away like legit UK or be fine for years.

Most of the bitzers are from Europe sold second hand, though a few bargains can still be had.
    Further to that have known UK distributors to take these imported rifles in, service and charge same price as UK legit.

fwb case

as far as i know fwb never supplied a case , you had to buy one, you got a screwdriver and a small spanner....whoooooo

del

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    dare say it all depends upon the price difference after importing and paying rfd fees etc.

Looks like the fen is about £270 cheaper than another uk online shop and wont be a bitzer. Other rifles from same place look like gone up £250 recently and therefore not worth while for about £50. Depending how greedy local shop is still could be £400 odd dearer after paying carriage and rfd costs.
    whats to go wrong, they either will pack up straight away like legit uk or be fine for years.

Most of the bitzers are from europe sold second hand, though a few bargains can still be had.
    Further to that have known uk distributors to take these imported rifles in, service and charge same price as uk legit.
    the cheek piece has split on my new 800..now that's not expected is it!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    The 800 does come with a good quality hard case.

Why would anyone want to purchase rifle from Ireland, or anywhere else, have to have it delivered to a rfd in England, risk it going wrong & have to send it back again & only have the Fwb 90 day warranty instead of buying a genuine Centra UK import with a 12month warranty & full backup for the sake of about £65?

I don't mean to offend but it seems risky to me.

Rifles being purchased from Europe (although perfectly legal) are at more risk now than ever as once they hit our border the come under UK law.

Sometimes supplied by foreign retailers as two non working parts or other dubious methods. At the end of the day they are pressure parts & subject to face to face transaction with a rfd.

Customs have now stopped some & one or two people are having problems from what I have been led to believe..it had to happen in the end, I just don't think it's worth the risk myself.........I know others that do & I hope they don't have a problem.
    I guess people import from reputable foriegn dealers because

A) it's significantly cheaper and
    B ) they are very good at customer service
    C) under European law a new product which is defective is automatically presumbed to be defective from manufacture within the first 12 months. I know of no German aw manufacturer that doesn't offer a 12 month guarantee in any event. Do you?

We don't live in England the way we used to, we live in Europe. English dealers have to compete with continental ones and they seem to be coming a very poor second.

Quote Originally Posted by balmforthg View Post
    I guess people import from reputable foriegn dealers because

A) it's significantly cheaper and
    B ) they are very good at customer service
    C) under European law a new product which is defective is automatically presumbed to be defective from manufacture within the first 12 months. I know of no German aw manufacturer that doesn't offer a 12 month guarantee in any event. Do you?

We don't live in England the way we used to, we live in Europe. English dealers have to compete with continental ones and they seem to be coming a very poor second.
    Just done it myself last week. Bought a brand new FWB-700 ALU for £1484 GBP plus postage from a very reputable and respected German shop, paid by credit card and basically saved myself a fortune.

I contacted 3 UK dealers before I bought, as the Euro had crashed, To give them an opportunity to drop their price - if they're buying in Euros and selling in GBP then their gross profit has increased significantly too lately. I didn't ask for a price match, and I would have paid a bit more than the import price for the warranty peace of mind. I won't name them here, but all 3 refused to budge, so I'm quite happy to give my money to the German dealers. One was, and still is £2150. You know who you are.

Plus they completely legally posted it to my door from Germany. It went around the houses a bit, as DHL and DPD dont like guns any more, but arrive it did.

Are the UK dealers are greedy, being ripped off themselves, or trying to maintain high prices for some other reason?

The UK dealers are (mostly) at the mercy of the UK agents, most of which by now have made a song and dance about how only rifles bought through them will avail of warranty in the UK.

Thus scaring people into buying via their inflated sales channels. The thing is, more and more people are getting knowledgable about servicing these rifles, so let's hope the prices with Europe level out.

Although worth noting the German dealers buy at the cheapest price, so in fact they're making more margin than the UK dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by andytee View Post
    Just done it myself last week. Bought a brand new FWB-700 ALU for £1484 GBP plus postage from a very reputable and respected German shop, paid by credit card and basically saved myself a fortune.

I contacted 3 UK dealers before I bought, as the Euro had crashed, To give them an opportunity to drop their price - if they're buying in Euros and selling in GBP then their gross profit has increased significantly too lately. I didn't ask for a price match, and I would have paid a bit more than the import price for the warranty peace of mind. I won't name them here, but all 3 refused to budge, so I'm quite happy to give my money to the German dealers. One was, and still is £2150. You know who you are.

Plus they completely legally posted it to my door from Germany. It went around the houses a bit, as DHL and DPD dont like guns any more, but arrive it did.

Are the UK dealers are greedy, being ripped off themselves, or trying to maintain high prices for some other reason?
    If this was recently, the trade prices usually go up in April, and then filter out in May and June, depending on the dealers stock and when they decide to introduce the new prices. This year, that would be working against the savings made due to the euro rate change

I'm always amazed at this;

We get ripped off by importers etc so we have to rip you lot off excuse!

I hope they all go bust, I have no problem importing my car, my accountancy services and even building materials from across europe, with no problems at all and 30 percent cheaper than uk dealers. If I can do it why can't they? I'm certain if I bought in bulk I could cut an even better deal.

Here's the news the good old days for bad uk business are gone, man up and cut better deals or see your customers migrate.

[QUOTE=balmforthg;5532796]I'm always amazed at this;

We get ripped off by importers etc so we have to rip you lot off excuse!

I hope they all go bust, I have no problem importing my car, my accountancy services and even building materials from across europe, with no problems at all and 30 percent cheaper than uk dealers. If I can do it why can't they? I'm certain if I bought in bulk I could cut an even better deal.

Here's the news the good old days for bad uk business are gone, man up and cut better deals or see your customers migrate

Your slating UK dealers & not comparing like for like.

Dealers can buy direct from the factory, in some places yes they can.

The UK dealers cannot buy direct from the factory, the factory refers the dealer to their official UK importer.

I will give you an example, 3 well known dealers, one in Ireland, one in Scotland, the other in England used to buy Anschutz rifles direct.

Anschutz appointed new a UK distributor a month or two back so all three retailers now have to buy from the official UK distributor as Anschutz will no longer supply direct..the upshot of this is retail prices for Anschutz rifles from these three retailers are up through no fault of their own. Add the annual factory price increase & the UK price difference becomes even greater.

It's not the retailers at fault, it's the system the UK has to work under that's wrong imo.

It's a free market you may think, but it's a bit like some countries, some are more free than others.