Thread: webley alecto

webley alecto

purchased one today in .177 cal , and for the price thr accuracy and power are quite impressive.

I have 2 questions my pneumatic cylinder is all black where every other one i have seen is silver ?

and secondly I have a screw in barrel type mini mussle flip , does that mean you can now fit a silencer , short of ringing highland park on Monday any ideas guys ?

Just done a bit of googling and apparently there is now an Alecto Ultra , with a slightly longer barrel. Not sure about the silencer but it gets some damn good reviews.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by caseball View Post
    purchased one today in .177 cal , and for the price thr accuracy and power are quite impressive.

I have 2 questions my pneumatic cylinder is all black where every other one i have seen is silver ?

and secondly I have a screw in barrel type mini mussle flip , does that mean you can now fit a silencer , short of ringing highland park on Monday any ideas guys ?
    I believe the newer guns have black cylinders - when I bought mine it had a silver cylinder, it developed a leak and had to be sent to the Airgun Doctor, and when it came back it had the black cylinder.

Not sure what you mean in the 2nd question - is your barrel threaded? AFAIK this is not a standard feature. The Alecto Ultra I don't think is sold in this country because it is over 6ft/lb, but you can get replacement barrels that are threaded at the end for a silencer. I bought one myself from T R Robb.

Did you buy your alecto new or secondhand?
    Good deals with these members

Re. your first point, they seem to have changed over to a black finish on the cylinder in more recent times, not sure of the timescales but certainly out of 3 that I know, the most recently purchased (3 or 4 months ago) has the black.