Thread: Meon Today

Meon Today

Rumours of MVAC folding are greatly exaggerated....

Meon held their Bowman Classic in Hen Woods today and what a fantastic event. It has to be the best since their multi event extravaganza's back in the days of the valley shoots.

The main event was a 30 shot "classic" HFT which had just the right variety of easy to challenging shots and very much a thinking persons course and no whistles all day. The gamble was easy enough looking to temp the over confident into a standing shot but also hard enough to ensure that it wasn't going to be cleared.

The idea of running 3 different comps in one was refreshing in concept and many who would not normally pick up a pistol had a good go and enjoyed themselves, with some surprisingly good efforts (Good Shooting ChrisC). Although we've (BARPC) run similar disiplines on the same day, we've never combined all 3 and it's certainly a format we will be using ourselves in the future.

Great food from the "chuck" wagon and superb company all round.

Good to see Mr Frosty back on the competition scene as well.

Well done Meon and all concerned.

PS. The only downside is that there was no liquid prize for knocking down the micro target on the pistol HFT with a .22 HW45. I think I should have had a barrel of Swift one or Wallops Woods for that one

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Totally agree with all Bob has said above - even down to him deserving a barrel of ale for that shot on the micro target! How small was that?!

Thanks to the Meon team for a great days shooting, and thanks to Chris for partnering myself and Di as his orginal shooting partner flounced off in a strop after a few lanes because there was stuff in the way

Anyway, Chris was good company and he, Di and two others were tied for first spot on 54 until someone came in with a 56 which given the difficulty of the course was no mean feat!

We thoroughly enjoyed the 'Gamble' comp which we talked Chris into doing them all standing and also had a go at the pistol comp too - great fun all round.

Looking forward to next time......

Paul & Di.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Totally agree with all Bob has said above - even down to him deserving a barrel of ale for that shot on the micro target! How small was that?!

Thanks to the Meon team for a great days shooting, and thanks to Chris for partnering myself and Di as his orginal shooting partner flounced off in a strop after a few lanes because there was stuff in the way

Anyway, Chris was good company and he, Di and two others were tied for first spot on 54 until someone came in with a 56 which given the difficulty of the course was no mean feat!

We thoroughly enjoyed the 'Gamble' comp which we talked Chris into doing them all standing and also had a go at the pistol comp too - great fun all round.

Looking forward to next time......

Paul & Di.
    Chris is one of the true gents of our sport and always welcome at Basingstoke.

Paul, you should have stayed for the prize giving mate

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Thanks for the kind(and deserved) comments.
    Weather held out well aswell.Will get results up asap,but briefly
    Open shoot
    1st Colin Medway 56
    2nd Ali James 54
    3rd Chris coombes 54 trophy to be given
    4th Diane Macey 54 trophy to be given
    5th Mick Phillips 54

Gamble
    1st Paul Macey 42 trophy to be given
    2nd Colin Baggs 42
    3rd Dave Sandwell

Pistol
    1st Nigel Frost 38
    2nd Nigel Brown
    3rd Paul Macey

Overall Winner
    1st Chris Coombes
    2nd Colin Baggs.

Top Junior
    Owen Waller-open and gamble
    full results on mvac co.uk as soon as i can
    Thank you for your support.
    Meon Valley Airgun Club .
    Christchurch HFT Team 2008/9

Full results now up on our website (i hope)
    A BIG thank you to Nigel and Andrew Frost for loaning out a variety of pistols for people to try there luck on the pistol course,free of charge
    Thanks again for making it an enjoyable classic hft shoot
    Roy
    Meon Valley Airgun Club .
    Christchurch HFT Team 2008/9

missing results.

try again roy nothing showing on meon web site.