Thread: Opinion regarding RWS Geco .177 pellets

Opinion regarding RWS Geco .177 pellets

Hi all,
    Has anyone used RWS Geco pellets, the .177 wadcutters, for serious match practise. The only reason I am curious is because they seem very cheap compared to other cheap practise level pellets and i was trying to understand what the catch was. It sells for around 3 .50 quids per tin. Any good or bad experience.anyone still regularly uses it.

Link if you are interested http://www.cheshiregunroom.com/store...roducts_id=619

Thanks
    Walther CPM 1

I think they are a great pellet, really good value for money. If you compare the quality with more expensive pellets, you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference. At 10M, they're as accurate as any.

Also, It fits most multi-shot magazines well and it is what I use in my LP5. I prefer R10 at 25M though -better grouping.

Great pellets, all my pistol love them.

I use them all the time. Not just for practise.

I have noticed that they have doubled in cost over the last two years though.

Bring back the days of AirAmmo and reasonably priced goods.

I did hear some comments that the newer red tin contents were not as well formed. But I have not used my stock of blue tins yet to find out for myself.

Mark

I think the catch is the variation in size , I found some were 4.7 mm and were a tight fit in my pistols. For peace of mind I use R10 4.49 pistol pellets so that I know it's me and not the pellet if I have a flyer (or 2).
    Evo 10 Compact.

I recently tried them for home practice, and found no noticeable difference from the finale match, groups were a touch higher, but certainly cheaper option for home practice

Good pellets.

Try measuring the expensive "sized" pellets and get a surprise.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Check the thread on 4.49 or 4.50 as a lot of good information about pellets has already been discussed including the Geco pellets.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Try measuring the expensive "sized" pellets and get a surprise
    True, I have, but there is not so much of a variation, and all the 4.49 go in the breech easily.
    Evo 10 Compact.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    As most match pistols group almost as tight as match rifles from a rest (even the barrel lengths are similar!) and the pistol ten is 10mm and the rifle ten is 0.5mm, this is why pellets are not so critical on pistols and the geco's shoot well enough for pistol and will certainly group inside the pistol ten.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    True, I have, but there is not so much of a variation, and all the 4.49 go in the breech easily.
    Did any of them correspond to 4.49, head, skirt or anywhere else? I measured a few different pellets including AA Field and NONE of them were either consistent or corresponded with their nominal dimension.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Did any of them correspond to 4.49, head, skirt or anywhere else? I measured a few different pellets including AA Field and NONE of them were either consistent or corresponded with their nominal dimension.
    Yes the widest point, the skirt, but I did not see a difference between the R10 4.49 and 4.5. difficult to measure the difference with a micrometer anyway.
    Evo 10 Compact.

I used to use them all the time but had a bad couple of tins that were really badly formed.

Use Hobby's now and I go through literally thousands a month, when teaching Scouts.

Never had a bad tin, they are very consistent, about the same price as Geco

Work fine in my LP10 & P70 too.

Quote Originally Posted by bsadrew View Post
    I used to use them all the time but had a bad couple of tins that were really badly formed.

Use Hobby's now and I go through literally thousands a month, when teaching Scouts.

Never had a bad tin, they are very consistent, about the same price as Geco

Work fine in my LP10 & P70 too.
    Second that! Geco not three bad, hobby better, although strictly, I think you should shoot the best pellets you can afford not the cheapest that will do the job.