Thread: HW 45 standard grips vs Silver/Black Star.

HW 45 standard grips vs Silver/Black Star.

Which is the most comfortable for two handed hold?

I once had a standard model and found the grips a bit slim for my hands - and my hands are about mediium size.

I also had a HW75 with the semi-anatomical grip. Looked nice, but I found the palm shelf seemed to be slightly in the way if I held the pistol with both hands.

Now I'm in the market for another 45, and I canīt make up my mind what to go for.

Appearance or function?

Just wish I could get a fuller grip, but without the shelf.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 11-06-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

You could always take a file to the shelf to get the perfect fit. I guess it depends if you want to affect the resale value or if you ill be keeping it forever. I find the grip really comfy but I place my left hand under the shelf to help support the weight.

I found the grips on the original too slim as well. I modified them by stretching some thin sheet rubber over the grips and superglueing them at the back of the grip. The glue bonds the rubber to the wood immediately and is easy to remove if you sell. It gave the grips a bit of extra grip and filled them out a bit.

Thanks for your reply.

I prefer a more conventional double grip, rather than the supporting hand under the base.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    How about some 1911 hogue grips?
    Good deals with these members

Hogue 1911

I'll second the idea of Hogue 1911 wraparound grips. They fit without hassle and make a big difference as far as I'm concerned, whether shooting one- or two-handed.

ATB

Jon

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    With the 45 you have the choice of almost anything that fits the 1911 A1 Government model & clones, I use Hogue Wraparound Combats on my 45, with the black star & 75 you have your choice of files & filler

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com