Thread: Hello from Saddleworth

Hello from Saddleworth

Hi all, new member to the forum.

I am looking to get into shooting again, did lots in my youth and dabbled a bit with clays recently nothing serious, just the odd day with the lads.

I don't have a rifle yet (no point rushing into owt before visiting a decent shop and also the club i'll be joining), but I have had a good browse of this forum, internet searches and read a couple of mags and I like the look of of AA S200 in .177. Having said that I am of the opinion that you're better spending a little more and getting the right tool first time. Buy cheap buy twice, and all that.

I will be primarily target shooting, I think, but there are plenty of farms round where I live so I may look into getting some permissions eventually (after a good bit of practice I think).

Anyway, enough waffle, ow do all.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Hello and welcome

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Nowhere near that place I'm not allowed to mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
    Hi all, new member to the forum.

I am looking to get into shooting again, did lots in my youth and dabbled a bit with clays recently nothing serious, just the odd day with the lads.

I don't have a rifle yet (no point rushing into owt before visiting a decent shop and also the club i'll be joining), but I have had a good browse of this forum, internet searches and read a couple of mags and I like the look of of AA S200 in .177. Having said that I am of the opinion that you're better spending a little more and getting the right tool first time. Buy cheap buy twice, and all that.

I will be primarily target shooting, I think, but there are plenty of farms round where I live so I may look into getting some permissions eventually (after a good bit of practice I think).

Anyway, enough waffle, ow do all.
    You are very close to where I am.

Let me know if you want some info on shooting venues locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
    You are very close to where I am.

Let me know if you want some info on shooting venues locally.
    Thanks very much for the welcome lads.

NM, I will be in touch.
    I am busy for a couple of weeks but plan on popping to a couple of places that are close to me ASAP.
    Dukinfield is my closest but also Rochdale is another that's close and that I have heard good things about.
    Never been to a club but from what I have read as long as you contact them in advance an informal visit is recommended to get a feel for the place and stuff.

Ideally I want to get into FT and HFT shooting (I think, never tried it) so somewhere that does that would be what I'm looking for.

Dave

hi and welcome