Thread: Walther CPM-1 Questions

Walther CPM-1 Questions

I've been on the hunt for a quality CO2 match pistol. I finally found one, a FWB C-25 that appears to have passed through the hands of at least two forum members. It has a great pedigree! (Or it's a Jonah that curses everyone who's owned it....I'll find out shortly)

In the meantime, I've found a Walther CPM-1 for sale in the US in very good/excellent condition with all accessories that I think I can get for $350, shipped. I scoured the web, but I can't find much about this pistol, other than it was a direct competitor with the FWB C-25. It seems that since these pistols are from the pre-internet era, there isn't much on the web about them.

It appears that several members shoot CPM-1s, or even have both pistol. Can you please enlighten me on the relative merits of the pistol? Also, how it compares to the C-25?

I ended up buying the C-25 off this board for a lot more money because this CPM-1 only comes with one gas cylinder, versus two that came with my C-25. Also, the CPM-1 only had a medium grip, and the large grip I need is made of unobtanium. So, for me, the C-25 was a better deal. But from a technical standpoint? I'm also wondering if the CPM-1 might be a better junior/ladies pistol? My son is growing up fast, and in a few years he'll have an air pistol in his hands.

Thanks,

-John

Wow, that is really cheap for a CPM 1. I have recently bought a walther cpm 1 . It is a really nice pistol and what struck me was the weight distribution which i am assuming is similiar to c 25 due to the gas cylinder near the trigger. It is so much well balanced than the steyr lp10 i used to shoot. The gun shoots very accurate and i am a returning shooter who suffered a severe wrist injury. I found keeping the steyr lp 10 stable as a very difficult job but on the other hand i can keep a good group inside the 9 ring with the cpm 1 . The weight just feels so right. You also have options of rink grips if you want a more customised grip which is the only minor issue since it stays fixed and cannot be adjusted. But it is a very well made walther grip. Maintenance should not be an issue like any other co2 pistol. The barrel has a compensator which keeps the recoil to very little. Very good gun and highly recommended. I see no reason why you can' t shoot a 580+ with this gun.
    Walther CPM 1

You canalways buy a good rink grip for this pistol, see link below
    http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...rip-p-384.html

Also spare cylinders are available
    http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/s...inder-for-CPM1

Probably pushing up the total cost but you have options if you want. Also the Walther medium grip is big for large hands but not for extra large. The palm shelf goes down a considerable distance.
    Walther CPM 1

John;

Yes, the price is good, but with so few airgun shooters in the US (we have plenty of readily available powder burners here), it's hard to match buyers and sellers. So people who need to sell get a low price, and people who need to buy have to pay a high price. That's why I had to buy off this forum. I'm in that situation now: I already have a pistol coming, so I don't need to buy. So I could lowball the seller, and maybe pick up a pistol I don't need. But I probably won't, so it'll languish until the seller decides to keep it in the closet or dump it for peanuts.

I did see that cylinders are available, but at 165 euros plus shipping, we're almost at the price of the whole pistol. Honestly, that was my main concern. Having the cylinder break makes the pistol an expensive paperweight. The C25 cylinders are more readily available at lower prices, secondhand.

Thanks for the great info on the grip sizing. The gun is in Texas, and I'm in California, so there's no way to try it out.

Apparently, the CPM-1 is 200g lighter than the C25 (1050g versus 1250g).

Thanks,

-John

John Almighty;

Would you mind measuring the maximum position of the grip on your pistol? I'd like to see if my hand would fit.

No worries if you don't want to have to readjust your grip. I understand.

Thanks,

-John

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    John Almighty;

Would you mind measuring the maximum position of the grip on your pistol? I'd like to see if my hand would fit.

No worries if you don't want to have to readjust your grip. I understand.

Thanks,

-John
    Sure would do that late in evening today. I will try to get the grip to maximum and let you know how far it goes. I know it was a medium grip and I have a large hand and the palm shelf has been pushed down but still has some more to go. will post details later.
    Walther CPM 1

Thanks, John. I appreciate it! I know it's a bit of trouble.

-John

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Thanks, John. I appreciate it! I know it's a bit of trouble.

-John
    No worries John. Took a bit longer as I was trying to hunt down a measuring tape.

My hand around my knuckles is 100 mm
    the grip which was medium goes upto 105 mm at its max.

Hope that helps.
    Walther CPM 1

John;

Those grips have a surprising range of ajustment. Thanks for checking for me!

-John