Thread: Webley pistol

Webley pistol

Hi all, i have just bought this from a gunshop sent dealer to dealer. It was marked as a Webley Senior but on examining it it does not look like a Senior.To start with ,the barrel release lever has a plunger which looks like the Hurricane/Tempest, also near the muzzle appears to be a sleeve on the barrel. The barrel is 61/2 inches and its .22 cal. The grips are black bakerlite marked Webley but no other name is on it. At the front of the cylinder is the numbers 728 which i take to be a batch number.I have photos of it but the site will not allow me to add them. If anyone can please help with the ID i cam mail them.Thanks in anticipation, Paul.
    http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r490/spily/
    Last edited by SPILY; 13-06-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: adding pikks

It may be a Senior with a barrel from a Tempest.??? If you post the pictures on photobucket then you can imbed a link to them on the forum.

Pete.

Webley pistol

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    It may be a Senior with a barrel from a Tempest.??? If you post the pictures on photobucket then you can imbed a link to them on the forum.

Pete.
    Thanks Pete, i will try it.

Webley Premier Mk 2 going by the photos.

Yes indeed, Premier mk.2. Nice, but not as nice as a Senior imho and if sold as a Senior then was mis-sold, so you have every right to return it for a full refund.

Pete.

Webley pistol

Thanks for your replies chaps, much appreciated. It was bought as a senior but i am very happy with it as it shoots a treat.Regards all.

As has been said it is a mk 2 premier they are the first of the alloy frame pistols they are nice pistols to shoot and I think a bit more powerful than the steel ones due to having a larger tube and plunger but others will argue against this.

The mk2 premier is bigger than the Senior the all steel premier is the same size as the Senior but have the trigger adjustment screw which the Seniors did not have but then people will tell you that the still older straight grip ones did have the adjustment screw I think.

Webley pistol

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    As has been said it is a mk 2 premier they are the first of the alloy frame pistols they are nice pistols to shoot and I think a bit more powerful than the steel ones due to having a larger tube and plunger but others will argue against this.

The mk2 premier is bigger than the Senior the all steel premier is the same size as the Senior but have the trigger adjustment screw which the Seniors did not have but then people will tell you that the still older straight grip ones did have the adjustment screw I think.
    Thanks for the info Beagle, much appreciated,Paul.

It is indeed a Mk2 Premier. Production was from 1975 to 1977, and though they are not as shiny as the Senior in my opinion they do handle better. If you keep a look out on that certain internet auction site, you may find some of the labels that fit in the vacant cartouche. Or maybe someone on the forum has some spares?

Webley pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    It is indeed a Mk2 Premier. Production was from 1975 to 1977, and though they are not as shiny as the Senior in my opinion they do handle better. If you keep a look out on that certain internet auction site, you may find some of the labels that fit in the vacant cartouche. Or maybe someone on the forum has some spares?
    Many thanks for the info,Paul.

Its great that you're happy with it, and I think the mk2 Premier is a nice, rare, short-production model to have.

But, a dealer selling it as a Senior?? Makes me wonder if they sent the wrong gun

Webley pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Its great that you're happy with it, and I think the mk2 Premier is a nice, rare, short-production model to have.

But, a dealer selling it as a Senior?? Makes me wonder if they sent the wrong gun
    Hi Rickenbacker, i think they just made a mistake by calling it a senior as the ticket attached to it had serial num +webley senior marked on it.It is certainly the gun as advertised, and as i say, very happy with it,regards,Paul.