Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had any dealings with the WEIHRAUCH HW100

For Buzz lightyear

The BAR site says that the replacement air tube is not suitable for the mk11 model how did you get around this? I was going to get in touch with them to find out why but perhaps you already know?
    when there's lead in the air there's hope!

info

i think it may not come past the silencer as it is a lot deeper on the mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BWH
    The BAR site says that the replacement air tube is not suitable for the mk11 model how did you get around this? I was going to get in touch with them to find out why but perhaps you already know?
    You have to have the silencer as well - this is what Lloyd at BAR told me when I made enquiries a short while back:

"We can modify the new style Hw100 if you are having the carbon silencer as well as the cylinder. The big Weihrauch silencer will get in the way of the cylinder but our carbon full length silencer is slimmer so it will fit fine."

Haakon

Talking

Hi tman
    here's a pic of mine but not a very good one

Steve

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...2838&members=1

thanks for the info. should fit the fac model then no prob as the barrel is much longer.
    when there's lead in the air there's hope!

thanks 4 all the feedback guys
    most useful
    regards
    Tony (tman)

thanks 4 the picure Steve .... niceeee
    regards
    Tony

ragitty Guest
    I own 3 Weihrauch's 2 of them the HW100, excellent all round air rifle, my advice is go to a local club and chat to owners, they may let you try their's so that you can make your own decision about how it fits you and how comfortable you will be with the weight.

the words sleek and elegant dont spring to mind, but I have tried one a couple of yimes and it is a well made rifle. Good finish and the engineering was excellent. No slack or play in the mechanics and felt silky smooth. Bit too square jawed for me though in its standard stock.

You shouldnt go wrong with it.

swedey21 is offline Who you callin a vegetable ?
    Burford,with lovely cotswold stone and stuff..
    my mate has one in .177,well says he has but keeps sending it back as it keeps losing all his air....twice its been back now,getting a rapidmk2 now.lost all faith.very accurate,smooth, just a pain in the ar$e!

Hw100

For BWH

Hi there - Lloyd at BAR is correct - the new quickfill cylinder sits tight up against the MkII silencer - and I do mean really tight. However, this combination shoots equally as well/accurately/consistent as my Mk3RT/Pro-Target/MFR - if not a tad better. Yes the BAR CF silencer is slightly narrower in diameter than the new HW silencer and this allows the 2 to work and look extremely well together. I'm sure it is because of the "snugging-up" of the new larger HW silencer and quickfill cylinder that has led to BAR stating - quite rightly I am sure from an engineering standpoint - that they shouldn't be paired together - however, all I can say is that my rifle works a treat with this combination. I'm not sure it would work for everyone - don't just assume my experience will be assured with your rifle - and I'm even more certain BAR couldn't provide any form of warranty/back-up for this unauthorised combination of modifications.

Cheers

Buzz

when you change the orig steel air cylinder to the new quickfill cylinder can you feel much difference in the weight?????

cheers del

o by the way tman ive had my hw100 from when they first came out thought about partx for a mfr but could not do it the more you use the hw the mor you love it could not part with it .

Ricky Rockets Guest
    The gun is an excellent piece of kit, I have the mk2 with the improved silencer well, improved is an understatement it is incredibly quiet! Many people have moaned that it is a little on the heavy side well this is going to be what your preference is I find it just right. The only other thing is is that it is not the most attractive gun in the world which is why I am saving up for a Venom custom job.

My mate Mick..just got one he loves it..<here is a pic>

I have had a go on it....very nice gun.....

Geo...

So much feedback .... thanks lads
    think I made my mind up
    regards
    tman