Thread: buying for 10m air rifle shooting

buying for 10m air rifle shooting

Hello,
    I have been thinking about buying air rifle for 10 m issf shooting. First I was looking for anschitz 9003 s2 but after that fwb 700/800 and walther lg400 alu. My question is if any of You have tried them ? Any personal feelings ? Does any body know whats the difference between fwb 800 and 700 ?

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I have a FWB 700, and it's a fantastic gun,very accurate,reliable,and easy to tune to your shooting stance,I would guess there will be very little difference between the 700 and the 800 that you would notice unless you are an elite shooter,and on the plus side some cheap 700's should be coming on to the market very soon
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Cool

I shoot a 2002 and was really disappointed by the 9003 when I tried it, however, the 8002 should not be overlooked, a superb weapon and is now on my hit list for this year. What it comes down to in the end is your own preference / prejudice. Almost any of the current crop of weapons available will take you to a ISSF podium, if you can bring the talent.

Hello

I shoot an 8002 S2, it's a beautifully balanced gun and capable of anything you want of it. The 9003 is a bit more versatile in the ease of setting up but wont really fit any better than the 8002, certainly worth considering along with the FWB 700 Alu

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    We have all but the new FWB 800 in our club and my personal preference is that the Walther LG 400 is pretty well at the top, the trigger and the ballance are superb but there is not a lot in it between all of the top makes.
    I think the FWB 700 and 70's are a bit muzzle biased ballance and difficult to get better ballanced with out getting close to the maximum weight. We have one Steyr LG110 which is also quite a nice rifle and should not be discounted.
    Personal preferences always come into which gun suits you best, my wife tried an alloy LG400, prefered the action and trigger over her LG300 but prefered her LG 300 Junior stock so she now has an LG400 expert action in an LG 300 Junior Wooden stock! Some of the top shooters internationaly still prefer wooden stocks over the alloys.
    I have not seen a FWB 800 but those I know who have and whose views I respect speak very highly of it, it is not just an updated 700, it is a complete new design and should equal the current top rifles. Internationaly the Walther LG400 and Anschutz 9003 are fairly evenly spread.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 19-06-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?