Thread: Airsporter Mk 3 rear sight.

Airsporter Mk 3 rear sight.

I am rebuilding and servicing two Mk 3 Airsporters. Both will make nice working rifles that may be restored to a very high standard but I need a couple of parts to complete them and thought I would ask here first.

Although both rifles are basically sound, they both had "repaired" rear sights that had been glued together - presumabely for show only as they fell apart when touched!

I would like to replace them both, so I want to try and find two rear sights.

Please let me know if you can help.
    Last edited by zooma; 20-06-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

You have PM Bob.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Incomplete rear sight parts could help as I can make complete rear sights from various sources if I can find enough parts.

Can anyone advise the difference between the rear sight fitted to the Airsporter 3 and other earlier and later models please?

I am guessing the same rear sight may have been used for more than one variant and so could perhaps be the same type as that used on the Airsporter 4. If so, this may help to widen the search and improve my chances of finding something.

Meanwhile the rifle that is completed can be shot with a scope until I can find a suitable rear sight to for it.

Does anyone know if the rear sight assembly from the Airsporter mk 3 is the same as the mk 4 rear sight assembly?

Rear sight

If you pm some photos I have a local guy who often has bits like this in stock. I'd be happy to check with him and if available send then on to you for the cost of the parts and postage.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bindweed64 View Post
    If you pm some photos I have a local guy who often has bits like this in stock. I'd be happy to check with him and if available send then on to you for the cost of the parts and postage.

Cheers

Paul
    Thanks Paul,

I will glue the bits back together again so the unit can be recognised !

Thanks for your help - Bob.