Thread: 5.56 NATO Brass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Wierd Primer

Hi
    The 5.56 NATO brass I have for sale is BOXER primed. (Single hole when looking into the case) therefore easily reloaded.

If by "wierd primer" you mean you can see 2 holes when looking into the case mouth then it is BERDAN primed.
    A total pain to remove & reload
    Most people do not bother trying to reload BERDAN primed cases. They just bin them,
    Al.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

PM Sent.
    MY kids have a large art project where we need any brass, ideally mil size 5.56 or 7.62. It doesn't matter much about primers as not for firing. though I do need some for reloading use as well.
    Any 5.56 or 7.62 I would be interested in if its cheap

Rg 5.56 is boxer primed but as a crimp on the primer
    Needs to be removed before repriming but it's easy to do and is excellent brass

What is Rg?
    Are you referring to what is for sale here or are you just commenting generally on mil brass?
    I don't know whats for sale here, but hoping to use in .223 (few hundred) and rest for a non shooting project

RG means manufactured at Radway Green

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    Hi
    The 5.56 NATO brass I have for sale is BOXER primed. (Single hole when looking into the case) therefore easily reloaded.

If by "wierd primer" you mean you can see 2 holes when looking into the case mouth then it is BERDAN primed.
    A total pain to remove & reload
    Most people do not bother trying to reload BERDAN primed cases. They just bin them,
    Al.
    Mines got the single flash hole in the middle as I look down it. Is this the boxer primer?

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    Rg 5.56 is boxer primed but as a crimp on the primer
    Needs to be removed before repriming but it's easy to do and is excellent brass
    So what I have is ok to reload? As long as the crimp is removed.

As I say I don't want go step on the toes of the gentleman selling his, but I'll advertise it if it's worth reloading.

Marcus
    I wish Political Correctness had a face, so I could punch it......hard.

yes marcus yours is reloadable when the crimp is removed

Marcus your PM inbox is full. PM me if you can please, I might be interested if OP hasn't got much left.

Albur - how much have you got left? Out of interest, why do you say it will "need" tumbling?
    I haven't got a tumbler, wish I did and may afford one soon, but for now i was kinda hoping once fired is ok without being tumbled

Quote Originally Posted by K9 Obedience View Post
    Marcus your PM inbox is full. PM me if you can please, I might be interested if OP hasn't got much left.

Albur - how much have you got left? Out of interest, why do you say it will "need" tumbling?
    I haven't got a tumbler, wish I did and may afford one soon, but for now i was kinda hoping once fired is ok without being tumbled

PM sent. I think he means military brass is a bit grubby so would look better cleaned
    I don't think itll be essential to tumble it before reloading.

Marcus
    I wish Political Correctness had a face, so I could punch it......hard.