Thread: .20 But which rifle?

.20 But which rifle?

OK lets have a few suggestions for what .20 calibre rifle. The cost of the rifle is not an issue (within reason) £1400. I'm currently steering towards a MFR but am somewhat put off by Theobens customer service reports on the forum and the atrocious email reply I received today.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Dave

what e mail

Mine is for sale

I have an MFR in .20 Calibre with CS800 Stock, 11mm Dovetail Rail conversion and 12 shot magazine on here running for sale.

Have a look may be of interest to you sales section

And as for recommending which rifle, i cant really say anything else but a Rapid MFR in .20 calibre is excellent

Regards

Vince

I also have a self build mfr in 20 (started life as a 177), 13inch barrel, 200cc R10 tank, beautifully balanced rifle and superbly accurate with FTT...lad who shoots nothing but Daystates had a shoot a week or so back and explained he is baffled why more do not use the .20 MFR for HFT...its superb.

failing that, get a HW97 in 20 as well....fine tool...20cal is quite something imo.

Quote Originally Posted by captain_gatso View Post
    OK lets have a few suggestions for what .20 calibre rifle. The cost of the rifle is not an issue (within reason) £1400. I'm currently steering towards a MFR but am somewhat put off by Theobens customer service reports on the forum and the atrocious email reply I received today.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Dave
    Customer service reports? Some members have expressed dissatisfaction in their dealings with Theoben, but many (myself included) have expressed their complete satisfaction with the company. I'm not sure that you need much service anyway....... Rapids/MFR seem very robust and simple to work on if necessary. Since they are only 50 miles away from you would it be worthwhile trying to arrange a visit to the works to have a look and a chat about your potential purpose (as well as the content of the atrocious e-mail)?
    I wouldn't let it put me off just yet.
    I'm very pleased with my Rapid in .20. A friend also has one in .20 and has no complaints. I wouldn't mind an MFR too.

As stated already, who needs customer service on a Rapid/MFR?
    I've had my .20" Mk1 since 1999 and have never had a problem with it. During that time it has had to cope with regular club night use, regular HFT use and recently quite a long lay-off. However, each time I have taken it out to check it over, it has proved to be 100% leek proof and ready for action. It makes me smile when I hear about PCPs from other manufacturers giving so many problems. I wouldn't let customer care considerations put you off getting one.

All the Best,
    A.

I've got a rapid in .20, I havn't taken anything else out hunting since I got it.

As for the OP question, the problem is lack of choice there are even less rifles available in .20 than in .25!!

The new Webley Raider has the potential to be a big seller as a cheap(ish) way to try the cal,

But I think Webley have made a huge cock-up by making the new Accupell so heavy (14.3gn) rather than making it a direct competitor for the FTT (11.4gn).
    If you only save 10% of the pellet weight you may as well stick with a .22

Chap at my gun club recently bought a brand new daystate air ranger in .20 cal.

He had to order it as although the shop where he bought it from are stocking quite a few .20 cal rifles they didn't have the ranger in stock with that calibre.

It's a lovely gun and the chap is very happy with it.

I've personally had experience with .20 calibre but they have all been Theoben models rapids and evo/fenmans.

Must admit never had any probs with any of the Theoben models and as mentioned they are an easy gun to put right if you do encounter any issues. There are stories of bad customer service at Theoben I personally haven't experienced any and have always had correct orders if I needed any spares etc.

I've dealt with daystate in the past and there customer service has always been excellent.

Tough choice choosing the right rifle let alone one in middle for diddle calibre.

Mfr is an excellent rifle and the ranger also.

If I was bench resting with single shot loading I would favour the ranger however if I wanted to be shooting in the field aswel then I prefer the mfr as its better balanced and IMO has a better magazine/bolt setup.

Nothing wrong with daystate mags/bolt setup just sometimes can be a little fiddly with the mag loading even with the new type mags and there cut out. sometimes it doesn't feel as positive with the bolt action either.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    FAC .20 R7 Mk. 2 would be my choice "on ticket".

Use a "sub 12" .20 HW 80 SFS which is sublime.

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………

Nikharvey is offline Goes by the name of Marjorie at weekends...
    its gotta be a pcp,no springs please
    ''It is said we learn by our mistakes........clearly not as we keep making the same mistakes.'' My Theory
    ''War is the continuation of politics by other means'' Carl Von Clausewitz.