Thread: Geco Pellet Concern

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I use Gecko for general practice at 10m and 20 Yards, grouping is good with the occasional flyer, but that could be me ;-)
    Have you washed a batch then put unwashed & washed over a chrono in alternate strings to see if there is any difference?
    Given that Gecko are about the cheapest possible decent flat nosed pellet perhaps we should accept them for what they are - a fine pellet for the price and not expensive enough to have a flap about?

Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

In my experience, Gecos do not group as consistantly, so its R10s all the way. Gecos are SO bad in my opinion that I would rather put Gamo Match Diablos down my gun than them, not lease the fact the group better, (once you take out the tiny pellets you occasionally get ). In all seriousness, I have the same problem in the AA MPR and the Twinmaster Top I use, smoke from Gecos and no from R10s. However, my friend on the GBJS squad shoots with Gecos, and has been for 6-7 years with no problems. In his AA MPR they group better (bizzare I know). At the end of the day, it's the owners choice, and if the owner wants only R10s to go down the barrel, then people can buy there own gun to shoot Gecos down. But thats is just my opinion .