Thread: Air Arms TX200HC

Air Arms TX200HC

I am about to buy and Air Arms TX200HC and was wondering if any of you out there has bought one recently.

The reason that I am asking is that I was going to buy the screw-in silencer (the plenum type that costs a tenner) with the gun but I read a review in Gun Mart that says this silencer comes with the gun.

Could anybody confirm if this is the case?

PS - Any hints,tips, reviews of shooting stories about this gun would be appreciated. What do you all think of it?

Sub Sea Sniper

Arrow

I have owned a TX200 HC and now own the TX200 Mk 3-only changed because I bought a dedicated left handed model although the Mk 3 being slightly longer is easier to cock. Very pleased indeed with both of them-possibly the best springers on the market 'out of the box' if you like a heavier rifle-otherwise the break barrel Weihrauch HW95 would be a better bet.
    I know that my original HC had a separate screw- in silencer but thought that was an extra-it certainly would cost more like £30-40 rather than a tenner. However, to me, using it destroys the point of having the HC because it adds about 7" to the length of the rifle. The 'Plenum' I think refers to the built in one and the screw adapter which goes in the end of the barrel enabling the larger 'add on' to be screwed in. Others should tell you if that is wrong.
    Hope that is 'sort of clear'-you will certainly not be disappointed with the rifle and probably should wait to see what you get when you take delivery before shelling out more cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Sea Sniper
    I am about to buy and Air Arms TX200HC and was wondering if any of you out there has bought one recently.
    The reason that I am asking is that I was going to buy the screw-in silencer (the plenum type that costs a tenner) with the gun but I read a review in Gun Mart that says this silencer comes with the gun.
    Could anybody confirm if this is the case?
    PS - Any hints,tips, reviews of shooting stories about this gun would be appreciated. What do you all think of it?r
    Yes, I bought one off here around 2 months ago.
    Excellent gun.I had really gone off springers until I tried one of these - they give a slight kick when fired, just to let you know they have fired - not a sudden jolt like a HW80 I had previously.
    The HC has got a silencer fitted, but TBH, anything within 50 yards is still going to hear it when you fire it - I think the action is quite noisy, not just the barrel exhaust.
    It has a female thread on the end of the barrel to fit a further silencer, but I wouldnt bother with getting one - it isnt going to make the action any quieter, and if the pellet does hit anything, any other targets within 40yds will be aware of you.£10 for a silencer is rather cheap as well, so I doubt it will do much more than give an extra weight on the end of the gun.
    Webley Lazadome pellets are rumoured to be the best - they certainly work well with mine.
    Alan.

corb.177 Guest
    I asked this same question myself a few months ago before i bought mine.
    As i did not want to spoil the lines of the HC I got the plenum job.
    There is a small but noticeable difference in noise output which, as I do not hunt, is ok for me. You will need an external silencer for hunting and if your going to do that you might as well get the full length version with built in silencer.
    As to what I think of it.I don't need any other gun.

The Plenum type "silencer" is a small screw in (not screw on) item that adds nothing to the length and weighs a few grammes, at a guess.

I think they were about £8-£10 in the past but i don't know if they come with the rifle these days.

Effective? Worth getting? Sorry, I can't say as I've not used one but a springer always sounds louder to the firer than down-range.

HTH, Regards, Ed

karve360 Guest
    Hi, mine came with the plenum screw - in free; the dealer said they used to be extra but came as standard now. By the way great rifle, very accurate and comfortable stock.

Sand Spider Guest
    Hi.

I have one of these babies, fantastic gun, a lot more accurate than I am! The plenum silencer is pretty pants to be honest, or at least, mine is- they may be better / updated now? Anyway, I use a plastic screw on silencer (adapter required) called a Soundbiter. Excellent piece of kit- perhaps 3 inches long, very light, and very quiet. Also looks rather good. HC with soundbiter is quieter than my mate's TX MK 3. Main noise downrange is just the whistle of the pellet. Gun is quite weighty scoped up though, but this feels reassuring and reduces recoil.

HTH,

Giles

dazmorg Guest
    Hi,

Excellent rifle, plenum silencer works though at a later date an external screw in one will be better. Good luck with your new purchase.

Daz

Crossy Guest

Wink Ref TX200HC

Have you bought it yet? I'm selling one only 4 months old in brand new condition with lots of extras (and yes including the plenum insert). Check out my advert in the for sale section under TX200 & Stingray & pistol. I only put it in a few days ago. Cheers, Crossy.