Thread: Weihrauch HW100 KT

Weihrauch HW100 KT

Hi all.

This is my first time reviewing something so please bear with me on this.....

Ok I bought my HW100 KT 22 (Carbine Thumbhole) a few months back and have plinked with it and taking it out a few times using it for pest control.

I held and tried a few various air rifles such as a few break barrel air rifles, the Air Arms TDR etc.

My initial thoughts when shopping around for an air rifle was that I wanted something of extremely good build quality, looks great, feels amazing to hold, to reload, and gives me the confidence when going out doing pest control to know that the tool I'm holding will be able to do the job right.

I ended up deciding on the TDR originally as I liked the idea of it packing down into a box but I did have a few issues with it before making a decision......It didn't look that nice, it was really tough to cock with the bolt that's on it, it wasn't quiet when you reloaded, I knew it was going to be time consuming to reload if I missed a rabbit whilst out on the farm and that didn't give me much confidence but it was cheaper than the HW100 KT.

I ended up ordering an Air Arms TDR.....I waited....and waited....and waited constantly being told that it would only be a few more weeks and in the end my local gun dealer rang them and Air Arms finally told him that it would be around 2-3 months yet before they have any made as they have been selling fast. I hear amazing things about Air Arms don't get me wrong they make amazing air rifles and have great customer service but I went with superstition and accepted that it wasn't meant to be.

For an extra £150-£200 I could get the air rifle that I felt most comfortable with, that gave me that great feeling, that gave me the confidence and in the end I bought the Weihrauch HW100 KT 22 and to this day I don't regret it a single bit. It looks absolutely amazing, feels amazing, extremely easy to cock the lever which is as smooth as anything, you can't accidently double-load, it's quiet when cocking the lever, everyone that I've shown says it looks really nice, it's so silent with the moderator on it, it's EXTREMELY accurate especially with H&N Field Target Trophy pellets which apprently the HW100's are tested with in the factory so that makes sense why those pellets work so well.

I took my HW100 KT 22 out a few times on the farm when I first bought it and managed to come back with a few dinners which was great. From day one she has been looked after so well, so well in fact that my other half on occasion has gotten jealous that I have spent more time looking after my air rifle than I have her, haha!

It's advised that you don't try to shoot anything more than 40-45 yards with an air rifle....I'll be honest, with the HW100 KT 22 I'm pretty certain I was near that limit and succeeded in getting four rabbits that night all around the same distances.

Anyway that's my review of the HW100 KT 22.

All I will say is if you're going to spend a reasonable amount of money on a quality air rifle then save up a bit extra and get a HW100. It's so true that you get what you pay for and the HW100 won't let you down a single bit.
    Last edited by Rakrynaz; 26-06-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Adding more info on the caliber

Weihrauch 100

Aye, I have one of these, it's a bit of a shock coming from shotgun and .270 Rifle to a PCP airgun - it seems as though nothing has come out of the muzzle when it's fired. Must admit though it a lovely piece of kit for the money, it seems very solid and robust, and accurate as well. The loading bolt is a pleasure to use, and of course you cannot "double load".

Phil* Angelfire.

great review, thanks for this, definatly increased my ambitions of getting hw100.
    dont supose you know the cylinder pressure off hand?

cheers
    joe

Cylinder Pressure

Hi Joe.

All I know about the cylinder pressure for the HW100 is that it shouldn't be filled past 200 bar.

I completely forgot to add that this is the quick fill HW100 KT.

Thanks

Pete

cheers for the info.
    have now purchased HW100s in .177 quickfill carbine.
    with the pellets you suggested "H&N field target" i zero'd it for 40 yeards and had pellet on pellet accuracy with a bsa contender 6-24 * 50 scope, with the aid of sand bags.
    have also invested in harris tilt 9-13 inch notched leg bipod, with excellent results,.
    had weekend shooting near exeter and this gun accounted for several rabbits on my uncles land.
    very pleased with my choice and greatfull for the reviews.
    cheers
    joe
    hw100s m3 .177

Thanks for the information I think I will treat myself to this model.

I'm glad the review has helped.

I did have a Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x50 Map6 with illuminated reticle scope attached to my HW100 KT and that scope is an amazing piece of kit. It's so clear and so nice to use.

I took the scope off of my HW100 before selling it recently and my firearms dealer loved it. He said he sells loads of the cheap Hawke scopes (because that's all people want starting off) but he'd never had the chance to hold and play around with a Panorama EV. So if you guys want a purchase that you won't regret then it's definitely the way to go. It's not too expensive and for the money it's great.

Also I don't know if it will be of any use to anyone but I'm going to review a few more things soon. I'll be reviewing a .22 Rimfire CZ rifle, Remington 700 in 22-250, and a Swarovski Z6i 2nd generation 2.5-15x56 with Ballistic Turrets and 4A-I reticle.

If I have the time I'll also review a shooting stick that I bought, Ameristep Brick House hide, shotguns, etc.

If it wasn't for reviews then I wouldn't have known what to buy and whether or not I was throwing my money down the drain so I might as well give something back to the internet, haha!
    It's strange how guns and cars can take lives yet they have no lives of their own to be taken, they're only an existance.....

HW100kt

Thanks for this review,it has helped comfirm what i thought.
    I've ordered one from Hull Carts. They say the next delivery will be in ten days!
    German holidays are to blame. (they say!)
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Rakrynaz View Post
    Hi all.

This is my first time reviewing something so please bear with me on this.....

Ok I bought my HW100 KT 22 (Carbine Thumbhole) a few months back and have plinked with it and taking it out a few times using it for pest control.

I held and tried a few various air rifles such as a few break barrel air rifles, the Air Arms TDR etc.

My initial thoughts when shopping around for an air rifle was that I wanted something of extremely good build quality, looks great, feels amazing to hold, to reload, and gives me the confidence when going out doing pest control to know that the tool I'm holding will be able to do the job right.

I ended up deciding on the TDR originally as I liked the idea of it packing down into a box but I did have a few issues with it before making a decision......It didn't look that nice, it was really tough to cock with the bolt that's on it, it wasn't quiet when you reloaded, I knew it was going to be time consuming to reload if I missed a rabbit whilst out on the farm and that didn't give me much confidence but it was cheaper than the HW100 KT.

I ended up ordering an Air Arms TDR.....I waited....and waited....and waited constantly being told that it would only be a few more weeks and in the end my local gun dealer rang them and Air Arms finally told him that it would be around 2-3 months yet before they have any made as they have been selling fast. I hear amazing things about Air Arms don't get me wrong they make amazing air rifles and have great customer service but I went with superstition and accepted that it wasn't meant to be.

For an extra £150-£200 I could get the air rifle that I felt most comfortable with, that gave me that great feeling, that gave me the confidence and in the end I bought the Weihrauch HW100 KT 22 and to this day I don't regret it a single bit. It looks absolutely amazing, feels amazing, extremely easy to cock the lever which is as smooth as anything, you can't accidently double-load, it's quiet when cocking the lever, everyone that I've shown says it looks really nice, it's so silent with the moderator on it, it's EXTREMELY accurate especially with H&N Field Target Trophy pellets which apprently the HW100's are tested with in the factory so that makes sense why those pellets work so well.

I took my HW100 KT 22 out a few times on the farm when I first bought it and managed to come back with a few dinners which was great. From day one she has been looked after so well, so well in fact that my other half on occasion has gotten jealous that I have spent more time looking after my air rifle than I have her, haha!

It's advised that you don't try to shoot anything more than 40-45 yards with an air rifle....I'll be honest, with the HW100 KT 22 I'm pretty certain I was near that limit and succeeded in getting four rabbits that night all around the same distances.

Anyway that's my review of the HW100 KT 22.

All I will say is if you're going to spend a reasonable amount of money on a quality air rifle then save up a bit extra and get a HW100. It's so true that you get what you pay for and the HW100 won't let you down a single bit.
    nice one mate

Thanks for the review. I picked up the KT is .177 today. Excellent rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakrynaz View Post
    /// *Now*: HW95KS (.177) /// HW45 (.177) - FOR SALE /// \\\ *Then*: Pro Sport (.177) \\\ HW97K (.22) \\\ HW100KT (.177) \\\ SMK XS20 (.22) \\\