Thread: Help - Plinking Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help - Plinking Pistol

I'm looking for some advice on a backyard plinking pistol. I have been tempted by the 1377, HW45/75 and the Gamo Compact, but after some serious thought, I want something that is fun and and can be used in a rapid fire way, I think I have to opt for co2. I also think I'll probably be better off staying away from a gun that fires BBs, my yard is all concrete and I really don't want ricochets, if for some reason there is an errant shot.

At the moment I'm looking at the S&W 586, the Colt Government 1911 A1, and the Gamo PT-85. Are there other pistols I should be looking at? Pistols with a silencer/moderator available would be a plus.
    Whatever doesn't kill you, is going to leave a scar... A Crip With A Gun!
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

Webley Nemesis. No springs, no CO2. The perfect back garden plinker !!
    AA S200, AA S400, HW97K, RatCatcher, Umarex 1911, Webley Hurricane, Webley Nemesis, Umarex Glock 17

Quote Originally Posted by Allymax View Post
    Webley Nemesis. No springs, no CO2. The perfect back garden plinker !!
    Hardly a multi-shot is it?Umarex walther cp88 or beretta 92fs are multi-shot and can both be fitted with a silencer with an adapter,as can the smith and wesson pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    Hardly a multi-shot is it?Umarex walther cp88 or beretta 92fs are multi-shot and can both be fitted with a silencer with an adapter,as can the smith and wesson pistols.
    Ooops.....sorry, had ignored his multi shot requirement. Would still buy a nemesis over a multishot CO2.
    AA S200, AA S400, HW97K, RatCatcher, Umarex 1911, Webley Hurricane, Webley Nemesis, Umarex Glock 17

The CP88 does look nice, though I think I prefer the looks of the one with the 6" barrel, the Competition? Currently I'm leaning more toward the Umarex/Colt 1911, I think it's time to head to my nearest shop to see what they have.
    S400F Superlite Carbine - XL Tactical - 280k - 2250b - Striker 1000X - IZH MP-61 - Webley Bert - 2240 - C40 - El Gamo Centre - Walther CP88 - Sig Sauer GSR - Makarov MP-654

I went with the Walther CP88, it's a nice handful, accurate, and I managed 12 mags out of one co2 bulb, would probably have got more if I'd thought to count to 8 more often