Thread: HW75. What a pistol!!!

HW75. What a pistol!!!

Just got the HW75. What a pistol this is!!! The pictures I've seen don't do it justice. In the flesh as it were, and the hand, its a real piece of work. I don't regret the cost one bit. The weight and feel ( for me) are perfect, and the features, like cocking hammer, ease of pumping, two way adjustable trigger, superb accuracy and build quality are a cut above. I cocked up the trigger on my 45 by over adjusting and had to spend a day or two getting it back to working condition, but i'm now glad of that experience. I now know just what subtleties are possible, and have already tweaked the 75 to get a bit of squeeze at the let off point. One thing Id like to know from anyone who has experience of the 75 is about what the manual says about oiling the "FELT RING" in the inlet hole on the piston. I wasn't expecting that. Is it some kind of feeder that supplies oil to the cylinder to lube the rubber o ring. You can see something white at the hole when cocking arm is fully open, is that felt or o ring.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    You need to go on the 'bay and buy some non sterile blunted syringes, about 2.5 ml capacity. I bought some a little while ago- perfect for precise lubing for anything- very cheap and really usefull.

When i have a moment I'll post na item number.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Here you go- I actually meant 0.5 ml syringes!

very usefull for precision work
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    You need to go on the 'bay and buy some non sterile blunted syringes, about 2.5 ml capacity. I bought some a little while ago- perfect for precise lubing for anything- very cheap and really usefull.

When i have a moment I'll post na item number.
    Thanks for that Tony. Appreciated.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Just got the HW75. What a pistol this is!!! The pictures I've seen don't do it justice. In the flesh as it were, and the hand, its a real piece of work. I don't regret the cost one bit. The weight and feel ( for me) are perfect, and the features, like cocking hammer, ease of pumping, two way adjustable trigger, superb accuracy and build quality are a cut above. I cocked up the trigger on my 45 by over adjusting and had to spend a day or two getting it back to working condition, but i'm now glad of that experience. I now know just what subtleties are possible, and have already tweaked the 75 to get a bit of squeeze at the let off point. One thing Id like to know from anyone who has experience of the 75 is about what the manual says about oiling the "FELT RING" in the inlet hole on the piston. I wasn't expecting that. Is it some kind of feeder that supplies oil to the cylinder to lube the rubber o ring. You can see something white at the hole when cocking arm is fully open, is that felt or o ring.
    Agree totally about the HW75, it and the 45 are the pistols I enjoy the most.

How does it differ from the HW45.

Am new to airguns, so might be a silly question. i bought a HW45 not long ago, really wanted a black one but got impatient about waiting and ordered the STL version

Hi JimO

Although they look quite similar, the HW45 is spring powered and, as you will see on several other threads, needs really good technique to get the best out of it. THe HW75 is a single stroke pneumatic (like the HW40) and is pretty well recoiless and therefore much more forgiving to shoot accurately. Another diffierence is the HW45 has two power settings (depending on how far you cock it) and the higher setting is much closer to the legal limit (6 ft lbs) than the HW75.

ATB

Jon