Thread: Bear with me.

Bear with me.

When I were a boy, my mate and I were playing in the local farmers hay barn and found an air pistol. No doubt hidden there by a local lad whose parents wouldn't approve. My memory is that it looked like a colt 45 automatic and was cocked by pulling back the "slide"? Not sure about that bit. One thing I definitely recall was that, to load the pellet, the very short barrel was hinged at the front and flipped up for the pellet to be loaded from the rear. Of course we didn't have my pellets, so we tried to shoot bits of twig.

Any experts on here who can ID this beast? I have been looking online over the years and find out what it was. I have half a mind that it was made by webley. This would have been in the mid 60's. Now that I have found my interest in air guns again thi s is really starting to bug me!
    HW80, AA S400F, Canon 5D mkII, all the gear and no idea.

iirc its sounds like a g10 bb gun...it should've had a space adove the breech for you to tip bb's in

*edit...just read the mid 60's bit so maybe not....that'll teach me to read the whole post lol

Does...

Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    Don't think it was a G10. On that one, see where the logo is on the slide? The one we found, the barrel incorporated the blade foresight, but only extended back to where the logo is. The barrel flipped up from the logo forward, hinged at the muzzle end. This is driving me nuts!?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=smk...nbbzPhL_MiUOM:

Looked the images a bit closer and this one might be it. Were these available mid 60's?
    Last edited by MartynBannister; 23-06-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Certainly sounds like a G10 to me and they have been around since the mid 60s.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Pistols...e-gs68526.aspx
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

[QUOTE=blooregard;5535878] they have been around since the mid 60s.

i'll stick with g10 as my guess then....would never have said they were that old tho, i had one in the early 90's and
    thought it was the latest thing lol

From the description it must be a derivative of the G10, and by your dates, obviously an early one. Photos please!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    From the description it must be a derivative of the G10, and by your dates, obviously an early one. Photos please!
    Looks like it must have been a G10 then! No photos. We was honest lads, and we put it back where we found it. Its rightful owner took it a few days later Would like to get a close look at a period one now, just for nostalgia sakes

Almost certainly a Milbro G10 Repeater. One of my friends had one in the late 70's. As you say, they had an incredibly short barrel section that pivoted up to load a pellet or fill the 20 bb chamber above the barrel for 'repeater' use. The gun was cocked by pushing what would be the slide release on a real Colt 45, then pulling back the rear part of the slide. You then completed the cocking by pushing the slide back to complete the compression on the spring. This back & forth movement actually moved a small transfer port in & out of the rubber seal on the back of the barrel which is how it cycled the bbs into the barrel without you having to fiddle with the flip front. I remember that we all had lots of fun hunting tins in the local woods with one of these. Then his brother got an Original G5 and that rather eclipsed the dear old G10

Cheers,
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
    Almost certainly a Milbro G10 Repeater. One of my friends had one in the late 70's. As you say, they had an incredibly short barrel section that pivoted up to load a pellet or fill the 20 bb chamber above the barrel for 'repeater' use. The gun was cocked by pushing what would be the slide release on a real Colt 45, then pulling back the rear part of the slide. You then completed the cocking by pushing the slide back to complete the compression on the spring. This back & forth movement actually moved a small transfer port in & out of the rubber seal on the back of the barrel which is how it cycled the bbs into the barrel without you having to fiddle with the flip front. I remember that we all had lots of fun hunting tins in the local woods with one of these. Then his brother got an Original G5 and that rather eclipsed the dear old G10

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Sounds like you had a great time with it. Simple pleasures for simple lads Gone now are the days of roaming the local fields and woods with an air pistol. Most likely get an armed response unit and an helicopter these days, rather than the farmer shouting at you

Milbro Repeater

I have a Milbro repeater sitting in my lap as I type,

60270330 made in Torrance California, I still have loads of fun plinking
    old pellets through it, just a squirt of spray grease into it's guts now and then,
    does not say G10 anywhere on it?

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    I have a Milbro repeater sitting in my lap as I type,

60270330 made in Torrance California, I still have loads of fun plinking
    old pellets through it, just a squirt of spray grease into it's guts now and then,
    does not say G10 anywhere on it?
    Apparently (AirPistols - E.Hiller), the Milbro Repeater is post 1969 and was called the "Marksman" before that. BUt, as you say, doesn't seem to be marked "G10".

Milbro/Daisy?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynBannister View Post
    Apparently (AirPistols - E.Hiller), the Milbro Repeater is post 1969 and was called the "Marksman" before that. BUt, as you say, doesn't seem to be marked "G10".
    Have rechecked pistol still no G 10? even with CSI torch check

Though is marked 4.5mm 177 cal which may be significant??

I feel that Daisy in Rogers Arkansas may be involved here,

But cannot make the connection? (have lacy memory due to stroke)

If anyone can connect PM me, just out of interest,

Cheers, B.

I've got two G10's that load in the way you describe, slide the top back which releases the front hinged barrel which is about 3" long and cocks the gun.
    Not sure what's written on them as my nephew has them..