Thread: FWB 700 Alu valuation

FWB 700 Alu valuation

Hi hope this is in the correct place but couldn't find anywhere specific to post it
    We are having to consider selling my wife's 700 as her arthritis has flared up and she is finding it impossible to shoot with it
    The rifle is only 4 months old and is immaculate condition had only light use and is complete with all it's tools etc we also have a feinwerkbeau hard case bought separately which we will include with the rifle
    It seems impossible to find any second hand prices and we have only found one on gunstar which is a bench rest model and 8 years old going for £1500
    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Two have sold on the Stirton forum this year. One (with MEC buttpad) had an asking price of £1300 reduced to £1100 then sold, another started at £1100 and sold. Both appeared to be in vgc.

City Air Weapons (Solihull) have a secondhand example, no indication of condition, up for £1095.

There was a Wanted thread here on the bbs in April for a '700. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Two have sold on the Stirton forum this year. One (with MEC buttpad) had an asking price of £1300 reduced to £1100 then sold, another started at £1100 and sold. Both appeared to be in vgc.

City Air Weapons (Solihull) have a secondhand example, no indication of condition, up for £1095.

There was a Wanted thread here on the bbs in April for a '700. HTH
    Thanks for the input greatly appreciated we had seen the city air weapons one and have spoken to kevin in the wanted post
    Do you have any idea on what age the stirton ones were?

One was 2008, but had been serviced and reg updated by Centra, came with hard case. The other didn't specify.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    One was 2008, but had been serviced and reg updated by Centra, came with hard case. The other didn't specify.
    Thanks again for the info hopefully will help to price t accordingly
    All the best

Trey

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Is yours a bench rest version or standing match target? If its a match target I would advertise it on the Stirton site as that is purely match target orientated. They do seem to go closer to £11000/£1000 but as yours is so new try higher, worth a start at £1500.
    Sorry to hear your wife has arthritus, I hope it settles down, it stopped me pistol shooting, but I find with a good modern jacket and shooting trousers I can still shoot rifle to a reasonable standard, one way the modern rules has helped us old farts keep shooting.
    Good Luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Is yours a bench rest version or standing match target? If its a match target I would advertise it on the Stirton site as that is purely match target orientated. They do seem to go closer to £11000/£1000 but as yours is so new try higher, worth a start at £1500.
    Sorry to hear your wife has arthritus, I hope it settles down, it stopped me pistol shooting, but I find with a good modern jacket and shooting trousers I can still shoot rifle to a reasonable standard, one way the modern rules has helped us old farts keep shooting.
    Good Luck
    Robin
    Thanks for that Robin we were thinking somewhere just over the £1500 mark with the hard case included so that seems about right
    I think she will shoot my fwb 500 for a while as its considerabley lighter even though it's not on a par with the 700 (she tells me) and see how things settle in the next couple of months
    We may try ordering a jacket again (another story on another thread) and see if that improves things
    Hope your arthritis is not to limiting and lets you keep on shooting
    All the best

Trey

Email sent)