Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steyr LP2

I think you must be holding the pistol the wrong way around!
    A very common mistake.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by markwarren View Post
    Bob,

You need to take up coaching - I now know where I've been going wrong

All the best

Mark
    Yeh - its all basic stuff this pistol shooting lark!

I hope to master it myself one day.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Bob
    What was the adjustment that was causing the kick back just in case we get one do it.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Bob
    What was the adjustment that was causing the kick back just in case we get one do it.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    I think the biggest problem was adjusting the trigger whilst in our cellar range without enough good reading light and devoted concentration. I had just made a similar adjustment on a Benneli, and that went quickly to plan with no problem, so maybe I was over-confident that the Steyr would be just as easy.

After shortening the first stage travel on the LP2 to give me the trigger movement and feel that I preferred, I could then detect this gentle "bounce-back" on the trigger blade after the shot had been taken.

Some others did not notice it at all when they had a go with my LP2 after I had made the trigger changes ( it was very slight) but could feel it and knew it was not there before I made the change, and so I knew I had caused it and wanted to find out how.

Further fine adjustment with the trigger stop eliminated it, so as I reduced the first stage travel I had failed to check all the other adjustments that were affected by it.

Now it is perfect for me, and I am very pleased with it.

Pictures now on www.bobsairguns.com for anyone that would like to see them.

Click on "Gun Gallery" - "Pistols" - "PCP" - "Steyr LP2".

Each picture can be made full screen size by clicking on it if desired.
    Last edited by zooma; 04-07-2012 at 10:58 AM.

The 2012 version of the LP2 Compact can now also be seen on bobsairguns.com !

It does balance very nicely and it does have it's own unique "bark" - mildly lessened with the fitting of the optional 8 port disperser.

The dark wood grip is a new "copy" of the style of the LP10E type and is made by Morini - but not signed or stamped - very unusual. Maybe not too happy about copying a rivals style of grip eh?

The grip is not an exact copy of the Pablo made original - but it is very "similar" in overall texture and I like the look of it.

Looks give pride of ownership, but I have yet to see how I like the way it actualy works so I am hoping it is as good as it looks but reserve comment on the fit just yet.

I can swap the standard Morini grips from my LP10 to check this, and also have access to a RINK grip as well so I will be able to make a fair test between them as far as my hand fit goes at least!
    Last edited by zooma; 17-07-2012 at 11:13 AM.

so how much did it cost and where from bob
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 19-07-2012 at 03:13 PM.

nice pistol all the same

Quote Originally Posted by tdmrider View Post
    so how much did it cost and where from bob
    I bought mine from Bob at Checkmate Guns and have been very pleased with the price and the service.

I bought mine from Bob at Checkmate Guns and have been very pleased with the price and the service
    ok ill have a chat with him on tues night,

Bob

Is the LP2 Compact grip the same as the standard LP2 and LP10 ?

Thanks
    Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

Yes the grip is the same as the lp2 standard and lp10 (not the LP10e)
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks Nige.

It seems to need a longer length fixing screw though ?

Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.

Ok, Bob may be more help, I have fitted lp10 grips to both an lp2 and lp1 and both were direct replacement, I don't remember whether I used the bolt that came with the pistol or grip though.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Ok, Bob may be more help, I have fitted lp10 grips to both an lp2 and lp1 and both were direct replacement, I don't remember whether I used the bolt that came with the pistol or grip though.
    this thread goes back to 2012.....but good to see it is still a useful reference!

I have swapped my standard Steyr grips between my LP10 and LP2 (I think they are the same grip) but I also have a RINK grip for my LP10 and that needs a shorter fixing screw that is supplied with the grip.

It is very easy to check to make sure in any case - just take care when fitting the LP10 grip to the LP2 when fastening the screw to make sure it fits OK.