Thread: Diferent holds for HW45.

Different holds for HW45.

Done some experimenting with variations on one hand holds with HW45 today, and come to the conclusion that basically they all work as long as the aim is spot on, and trigger technique is good. ( straight back ). Ive read about, and seen videos giving advice on the "best" or "only way" of using springer's, but my tests with loose to hard holds, all hit the target, IF I made sure not to let sight picture move. Im just mentioning this in case anyone is getting hung up on how to hold the 45 or confused (as I was) by all the methods they come across. Sights must not move!!!. Follow through. That's it.
    Last edited by peteswright; 25-06-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hi Pete

I agree - the turning point for me being able to shoot the HW45 with more consistency was not so much about the hold as about trigger technique and follow through. Obviously a consistent hold is important, but early on I concentrated on that at the expense of the others and got nowhere.

ATB

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Hi Pete

I agree - the turning point for me being able to shoot the HW45 with more consistency was not so much about the hold as about trigger technique and follow through. Obviously a consistent hold is important, but early on I concentrated on that at the expense of the others and got nowhere.

ATB

Jon
    Exactly my experience.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Whatever hold you use if it is consistant and trigger technique is good the results will be consistant.
    The "Surprise Break" combined with plenty of dry fire practice is the way to go,

- Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I do like the dry-fire facility, every gun should have one.

The key to the HW45 for me (not that I have yet 'mastered' it, by any means) was learning to shoot a BSA magnum. After getting to grips with that bugger every other gun is easy to shoot
    There's something to be said for 'difficult' guns...
    Good deals with these members