I keep looking for a decent long range scope to replace my MTC Viper 4-16x50. Don't get me wrong, the MTC Viper is a great scope, but there are just 2 things that I hate about it.
  1. It's got a great MilRad Reticle but then MOA turrets. (why !!!... you do the math)
  2. The reticle is on the Second Focal Plane (again why!!!... only good for 10x magnification)

So I've always been on the lookout for a perfect long range air-rifle scope... and constantly hoping that MTC would produce it.

I was so excited last week when I came across the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP MRad, which looked like it had everything (even sub $1,000.00)... but then I saw the 50m+ Parallax adjustment. *sigh*... Hope they can fix that soon !

Anyway, this also got me to looking to see if anyone else has got anything that has the following requirements:
  • MilRad reticle
  • MilRad turrets
  • Parallax adjustment from 10m (although 25m would be fine) to infinity
  • First Focal Plane (FFP) reticle
  • Magnification of 3-12, 4-16 (or similar)
  • 0.1 Mrad turret adjustment per click (0.05 would also be ok)
  • Under $1,000 / £650

So I started searching around a bit more and found:
Schmidt & Bender have released their Schmidt & Bender 3-20x50 PM II/LP/MTC/LT, which looks like it ticks all the right boxes... except the price (around $3,500...*yikes*)
  • MilRad reticle - P4L fein
  • MilRad turrets
  • Parallax adjustment from 25m
  • First Focal Plane (FFP) reticle
  • Magnification of 3-20
  • 0.1 Mrad turret adjustment per click
  • $3,500 *ack*

I suppose it's in the same price category as their Schmidt & Bender 12,5-50x56 Field Target, which has parallax adjustment from 7-70m... which is not ideal for Long Range.

So... I guess I'll have to sell my MTC Viper as well as my S&B 4-16 PMII and buy 2x S&B 3-20 PMII's... at least that way my 32ft/lb FAC MFR .20 will have the same scope as my AI-AW 260rem. ... (but I might have to sell my house too !)

Please will someone make a scope with the above requirements for under $1,000 !!!!
MTC, Vortex ???

...any other suggestions ?