Thread: Can't get co2 to pierce on crosman

Can't get co2 to pierce on crosman

Bought this pistol the other day and its just arrived, can't get the co2 to pierce all it's doing is leaving a small dimple in the end if the co2 cap. I've owned loads of co2 pistols including a 2240 so I know how to load them am I missing something as its got a 2250 cylinder on it. I'm guessing the piercing pin is worn?

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....d-Crosman-2240

Just took this pic of the co2 piercer looks as though it's hardly protruding at all and the brass around the edge is damaged too.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/6c4aeb47.jpg
    Last edited by Ferrets Bueller; 30-06-2012 at 11:40 AM.

I'd ask the seller first how he went on with it.It's hardly a fault that could occur in transit.

Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post
    I'd ask the seller first how he went on with it.It's hardly a fault that could occur in transit.
    I've sent him a pm, but I thought I would post on here first.

I've added a pic of the piercer too.

so it isn't piercing on the first shot or any continuing shots?? the only thing it could be is worn on the piercing tip which is strange as I'm sure it would take a lifetime to wear away???

Quote Originally Posted by peterdaniels View Post
    so it isn't piercing on the first shot or any continuing shots?? the only thing it could be is worn on the piercing tip which is strange as I'm sure it would take a lifetime to wear away???

No nothing I know the first shot after piercing is normally very low powered and then it increases after the second but I can take the co2 back out unsealed.

Here's'the co2 capsule taken back out. I even gave the screw cap a little bit,more of a turn with a 2p and still nothing.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/3168a79f.jpg

Have you tried to shoot it after putting in the co2? The way the valve works it pierces the capsule on the first shot.

has the valve stem been modded at all? is the 2 halfs of the valve screwed together properly?
    hoplophobe

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    Have you tried to shoot it after putting in the co2? The way the valve works it pierces the capsule on the first shot.

has the valve stem been modded at all? is the 2 halfs of the valve screwed together properly?
    All sorted now, the seller gave me an original hammer spring for it, poped that in on his recommendation and it's fine now.

Thanks for the help guys.

very stange? has it got a weaker hammer spring or anything? could either be a loose valve as mentioned, blunt pin, weak hammer spring thats all I can think of like????

Quote Originally Posted by peterdaniels View Post
    very stange? has it got a weaker hammer spring or anything? could either be a loose valve as mentioned, blunt pin, weak hammer spring thats all I can think of like????

Yes it had a trimmed spring, all sorted now thanks to the seller cheers