Thread: Lots of Hammerli Sparkler questions.

Lots of Hammerli Sparkler questions.

Hello,

I've just bought a Hammerli Sparkler; I think that it is my favourite air pistol so far.

I haven't even fired it yet but it's just a beautifully made gun; the only detailed information I can find about it is on German sites.

It has an odd story;
    I bought it off a man who has had it since he was young.
    When he bought it he was told to fill the C02 chamber with water before loading the CO2 canister.
    He did this every time they put in new gas; thinking that the hole used for five shot loading (there are two loading holes) was for purging the water.

I was laughing incredulously as he was telling me; I'm not sure what that was about ?

So, bearing this in mind, I would like to strip it down.

Also, he said that the Co2 used to leak out from the end cap, so they often made new seals out of anything available; I've taken the end cap apart and there is one large rubber o-ring that appears to be in good condition; was leakage ever a known problem with this pistol ?

Has anyone ever come across a downloadable manual ?

It is missing a front sight; If I can't find one will a sight off any other model Hammerli fit ?

Does anyone know where parts are available for old Hammerlis ? I've searched the web but haven't managed to track any down.

Thank you
    Last edited by 0liver; 02-07-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Hammerli

Hi I can`t answer your questions but I bet Lawrie Amatruda could help , he seems to be the expert on these fine old pistols and did a great re-seal job on my Hammerli Master last year. Also with regard to the problem of spare parts I could do with a rearsight for one of my Hammerli singles if anyone has any ideas?

hope this helps Malc

Thank you Malc.

Thank you Malc,

I have just hopefully PM-ed him.

I had one years ago it was a single shot , it used 8 gram co2 bulbs , I never put water anywhere near it , it used to shoot around 360 fps , very accurately , for about 50- 60 shots dependant on the weather ,
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

Thanks for the info, Bobby1.