Thread: Charity fund for Young Shooters

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Charity fund for Young Shooters

I've been made aware of this fund but can't find any contact details for it, the only detail I can find refers to Chris Cundley and it appears to be FT orientated. We as a club are trying to help some young 10 mt ISSF match rifle shooters who would benefit from financial support, but am unaware as to wether it is limited to FT only or even still exists.
    Is any one aware of this, or has contact details.
    Thanks, Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

The Cafferata Award

Hi Robin,

This is the only one I am aware of:

CAFFERATA AWARD

The Award was established in 1979 following the retirement Mr. Gerald W. Cafferata in May 1978 from the various posts he held with the Association. These included membership of the Council for 32 years, 17 years as Vice-Chairman, membership of the Executive Committee for 31 years and Chairmanship of the Pistol Committee and Free Rifle Committee for 26 years and 22 years respectively.

A fund was raised through an appeal and a draw. The capital was invested and the income therefrom is used to give a monetary award to a promising junior who may be in any discipline governed by the NSRA and the Rules of the ISSF. Inflation and interest rate changes have reduced the value of the fund and the income since the award was inaugurated and it is now augmented by donations from a small number of individual members.

Nominations for the award may be made by any club official, coach or member of the NSRA. Nominations should be submitted to the Secretary of the NSRA by 31st May. No special application form is required, but the letter of nomination should include details of the nominee, information on their shooting history and the reasons for being nominated for the award.
    Further details on the NSRA website.

Failing that you could try the Eastern Region.

Rgds
    Rutty

Thanks Rutty
    We're aware of the Caffarrata fund, the problem is these kids although very keen are unlikely to qualify for that or are not at the levels of expertise required and they need better kit to show if they even can. We do have good club rifles, and jackets and trousers, and boots, the rifles we are OK on, its the clothing and sizes we struggle with, we manage to provide for all new youngsters with basic kit of rifle, jacket and boots, and the lucky ones with trousers if they are within what sizes we have managed to beg or borrow.
    But its when they are ready to move to the next levels that in some cases parents can afford to fund but often can't that we are looking to aid.
    Some one mentioned this fund but I think its a local one to Maldon and also focused on FT, but I thought I'd ask, working on the principle of, you don't ask, you don't get!
    We think some schools help kids with grants in sports even if they do not do it as part of a school activity.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

What you want then is the Sport England Small Grants Programme or try your local authority or Active Norfolk.

Rutty

Thanks Rutty
    Thats a great help.
    Best regards
    Robin