Thread: Gamo Centre and Target Pistol

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lp53

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Sounds like we should give the LP53 a serious try then
    I have not participated in any of the shoots on here but we hold similar shoots at my club....with similar results.
    Nobody can shoot the rear moving piston stuff (Tempests, 45 and an ABAS) well which surprised us but it became apparent that the supposed advantage of rear moving recoil brings with it unforeseen secondary recoil.
    The 53 does buck upward (proven because the rear sight leaf is known to spring up out of its ball seating on rare occasion) but it does seem to be just one directional. The rest is probably down to fine trigger control once one has become accustomed to it. My assessment of the once forgotten Center, is it has a combination of useful plus points coming together without anyone really noticing. Namely, decent trigger, long site base typical to a fully fledged competition pistol, low mainspring power moving forward and great balance. Grip is semi target too.
    Ultimately both trounced by a SSP from a quality shooter but that's the thing. An average shooter will not get anymore out of the SSP/sledge without good technique. All these guns being as potentially as accurate as each other on the basis of consistent velocity terms. Its how we corrupt them with our handling.
    Last edited by clarky; 08-08-2013 at 07:44 PM.