Thread: Gamo Centre and Target Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What can beat the GAMO gang?

We took a couple of HW45 Silver Star pistols to RMTC last night hoping to show that we had found a worthy rival to the GAMO "kickers" we currently think are the best choice as an MPL pistol to take full advantage of the score UP +1 point on offer.

To say the GAMO's blew them away would actually be an understatement - they were not in the same league - nowhere near - and probably no better than a Webley Tempest (to give some sort of idea where we were with them last night).

We spent some time on the triggers and different pellet types ( as well as just getting used to the pistols), but although they do look superb and are great fun to shoot - they were not too good at scoring anything!

John G ( our top shot with a kicker) has had his own HW 45 Silver Star for some time, and I took down an almost new example - but we just cannot get any good or consistant grouping with them.

John has just re-lubed another pair of s/h Centre pistols we bought last week - and both of them shot superbly straight away so it looks like our hunt to find a worthy or genuine rival choice for the best MPL legal "kicker" continues as there is absolutely nothing we have found yet that even comes close to being in the same league as the GAMO triplets - Centre - Falcon - Target.

If you are considering buying a "kicker" to use in the MPL - look no further - the GAMO's cannot be beaten for this job - and if we ever find something better - we will let you know here first!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I must admit, I was expecting much more from the HW45.

They look good, and are an excellent garden plinker, but target shooting is not for them!

So, in conclusion, Rivi should buy as many of them as they can!

I do think we are going to be very hard pushed to come anywhere near the Gamos.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    So, in conclusion, Rivi should buy as many of them as they can!
    Along with cloning John W that's Plan A from our performance coach

ATB

RTM ( by default and exclusive badge of office )
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post

RTM ( by default and exclusive badge of office )
    RTM - Rivvington Top Man by any chance?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    RTM - Rivvington Top Man by any chance?
    Nope - Rivington Team Manager
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Nope - Rivington Team Manager
    .....an ideal position for TC3 I think - good move!