Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamo Centre and Target Pistol

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    RTM - Rivvington Top Man by any chance?
    Nope - Rivington Team Manager
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Nope - Rivington Team Manager
    .....an ideal position for TC3 I think - good move!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    [QUOTE=I. J.;5659534]

Ive also noticed most fall right through the loading port! I know someone a fellow Rivi member who may be able to make a steel/alloy version.
    ATB
    Ian [/QUOTE

Oy!, Stumpy!, any chance of the bugger making two?'cos I will have one.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

There are a few of us that thinks this is a good idea, but we can't find out who it was that used to make and sell the alloy ones.

I may know somebody that can get a few CNC cut - if it works out I will let everyone know here after we have tested them first.

Ive had a chance to think about a new alloy loading port recently Well, Ive had plenty of time to think (and its a habit I may get into. )
    The bore size of the loading post will have to be critical. To large and the pellet will fall through like it presently does with many of the standard plastic ports. To small and it may act as a sizer and the pellets diameter could be smaller than the barrels bore.
    Just my thoughts.

ATB
    Einstein.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Well, Ive had plenty of time to think (and its a habit I may get into. )
    ATB
    Einstein.
    Which end did they operate on Ian?? Someone turn the table round??
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Ive had a chance to think about a new alloy loading port recently Well, Ive had plenty of time to think (and its a habit I may get into. )
    The bore size of the loading post will have to be critical. To large and the pellet will fall through like it presently does with many of the standard plastic ports. To small and it may act as a sizer and the pellets diameter could be smaller than the barrels bore.
    Just my thoughts.

ATB
    Einstein.
    Hi there, Get a few prototypes made with slightly different bore sizes,then produce the one that is nearest,bearing in mind that different pellet types have different thickness of skirts, the pressure of air will expand the thin skirt better giving a tighter seal in the bore, it will probably involve quite a bit of trial and error but it will be worth it in the end Good luck John

Which end did they operate on Ian?? Someone turn the table round??

They wanted to remove all my badness! There wouldn't have been enough of me left to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Hi there, Get a few prototypes made with slightly different bore sizes,then produce the one that is nearest,bearing in mind that different pellet types have different thickness of skirts, the pressure of air will expand the thin skirt better giving a tighter seal in the bore, it will probably involve quite a bit of trial and error but it will be worth it in the end Good luck John
    Or just hold the pistol level as you put your pellet in.

ATB
    Ian

Or just hold the pistol level as you put your pellet in.

ATB
    Ian
    Took you long enough to work that out......

ATB

RTM (appointed by default )

Took you long enough to work that out......

ATB

RTM (appointed by default )
    It just goes to prove you cant be good looking AND intelligent. [and yes, I did double check the spelling.]

ATB
    Ian

It just goes to prove you cant be good looking OR intelligent. [and yes, I did double check the spelling.]

ATB
    Ian
    Sorted that for you

Get those GAMOS out - MPS Round 3 next week!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Get those GAMOS out - MPS Round 3 next week!
    Nope! I will be sticking with my Olde Faithful FWB65 - at least I wont run out of air and I dont get double vision and hair loss.

ATB
    Ian

The Model 65 is undoubtably the best pistol - I agree - but the MPL rules have been designed to make life difficult for the posh kit when used against the basic "twanging kickers" and looks like they are doing exactly that!

The MPL is proving to be a very interesting series to try and understand the pros and cons of using a basic "kicker" and gaining the score UP (plus one point per card bonus) against the superior recoiless pistols that can only score DOWN.

Maybe this is the most difficult series to compete in due to all the variables that have been included to provoke thought and to encourage some testing to see what can work the best?

GAMO Centre - MPL Top Score - again!

The GAMO Centre has done it again - although sadly not with an RMTC shooter this time ( although as he is a Rossendale resident we should claim the score I think) so well done Paul Wrey with an MPL Round 3 top score of 182 ex 200.

If any more proof were needed to show that the GAMO Centre is the best ( and unbeaten) pistol to use in the MPL - here is some more !..unless anyone can beat that score with any other MPL legal pistol!
    Last edited by zooma; 28-10-2012 at 08:02 PM.