Thread: " Car boot Mercury " HELP,

" Car boot Mercury " HELP,

Hi, I bought a Mercury today ( £35)
    It looked in good condition & Is, It was taped together, He said it only needed a spring Ha ha,

Its Number is WC ( 8,or 0,) 3457, Its missing a few parts , Mainly Piston,
    ( I have one ) The part to hold the front stock screws & , I think a transitional peice Cylinder to trigger ????
    I have never seen one like this before ( Help )

I intended to try out my 5 year old , Special piston, Anyone have the parts ?
    If not I guess break it.
    Stock is good, Blueing OK, Barrel is very good & the reason I bought it,Its also .177 & Has its metal sights,

Anyone have the spares or can contribute Info Etc, ( I know little about the later models ) Thanks in anticipation , Ged.

Cool

Hey up Ged

The threaded cup type thingy that's held in place by a hollow bolt type thing are missing..

If the trigger doesn't line up with the cylinder then the hollow bolt is loosened and the threaded cup is rotated until they line up..

There should also be a pressed grip washer that goes between to stop them coming loose as it's a devil of a job seperating them if it does come loose!!

Good luck with it, there are a lot of folk that are really in to the Merc's and Airsporters

Here's my Mercury and my Mercury Challenger (In the middle)..

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hey up Ged

The threaded cup type thingy that's held in place by a hollow bolt type thing are missing..

If the trigger doesn't line up with the cylinder then the hollow bolt is loosened and the threaded cup is rotated until they line up..

There should also be a pressed grip washer that goes between to stop them coming loose as it's a devil of a job seperating them if it does come loose!!

Good luck with it, there are a lot of folk that are really in to the Merc's and Airsporters

Here's my Mercury and my Mercury Challenger (In the middle)..

Cheers, John
    Hiya John, Thanks for the reply, I have never seen this fitting before !
    ( Anyone have a spare ! )
    The .177 Barrel & Metal sights are very good, ( I have a number of these in plastic ) I wonder why these are in Aluminium !
    I have found a couple more bits missing, Barrel & Breech lock pins, Breech lockup " Bit " In the barrel, !!!!!!

Cheers, Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hiya John, Thanks for the reply, I have never seen this fitting before !
    ( Anyone have a spare ! )
    The .177 Barrel & Metal sights are very good, ( I have a number of these in plastic ) I wonder why these are in Aluminium !
    I have found a couple more bits missing, Barrel & Breech lock pins, Breech lockup " Bit " In the barrel, !!!!!!

Cheers, Ged.

Ged

I may have a pawl and spring that locks the barrel, i'll have a look tomorrow..

Can't help with the other bits though, I think they're the same for Airsporters too...

I think the pins are 1/4" so you could possibly make a couple from 1/4" drill bit shanks..

John...
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Ged

I may have a pawl and spring that locks the barrel, i'll have a look tomorrow..

Can't help with the other bits though, I think they're the same for Airsporters too...

I think the pins are 1/4" so you could possibly make a couple from 1/4" drill bit shanks..

John...
    Hiya John, Thanks for the offer mate,
    I see the insert from Protek is £5 & the Front cylinder to stock section is about £3 from Chambers.

A valuation on all in the Pic ( Excepting Barrel & Sights ) Would be nice & sell them at that ,
    Thanks John, Many offers to buy but no offers to sell spares, I guess thats the way it is ,
    I would rather sell the remainder as one lot ! If not break>

Thanks Ged.

merc bits

ive got all the bits here ged.just ring me on the number i sent you please coddy.